gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joseph,

I am well aware of how the Jesuits worked, I have a trip coming up in may down south in Bolivia. The area of interest does not show under the regular Jesuit databases or part of normal activity history within the country. I did verify they legally owned the land that I will be working. Also a hand written document by a Jesuit that talks of " riches of the area hidden in a cave " in that area when they were about to leave the area by force in 1767. I have located various caves but some are very hard to access. Took down a drone for the purpose of inspecting these caves. The only thing I can confirm is that every place they had any activity in has gold, verified by prospecting and also finding their workings.

As for the book, there is never an end to a book. That is why there is a first, second and so on editions. Finish one up and lets get reading!

G

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Don Jose, with the money we saved on not posting Oro's bail we were able to get you a drone of your own... grannycopterxx.gif
just be aware, she DOES come with an attitude !
:tongue3: :coffee2:coffee2:coffee2:coffee2:coffee2:

cwp

Banned
Sep 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the concern amigo -and my apologies to everyone for being absent from class. I was "unavoidably detained" as the polite way of saying it goes, however thankfully and FINALLY all of my friends and relatives took up a collection to make bail and presto I am free! :hello2: Woo-hoo! It was a bit surprising that they had SO much trouble scraping up the $20 bail money though. :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow: Anyway apologies again, will try to get caught up here soon.

I hope all is well with all of you, have already read some GREAT posts by you all so please keep 'em coming! :notworthy: :thumbsup:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: And one extra for having been absent :coffee2:

I couldn't stand the green coffee anymore, so I sold half my shares in Tayopa and helped spring ya. Don't know where they came up with the other $19... :wink:

Glad to see you back!

wine.gif

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the concern amigo -and my apologies to everyone for being absent from class. I was "unavoidably detained" as the polite way of saying it goes, however thankfully and FINALLY all of my friends and relatives took up a collection to make bail and presto I am free! :hello2: Woo-hoo! It was a bit surprising that they had SO much trouble scraping up the $20 bail money though. :icon_scratch: ??? :dontknow: Anyway apologies again, will try to get caught up here soon.

I hope all is well with all of you, have already read some GREAT posts by you all so please keep 'em coming! :notworthy: :thumbsup:

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: And one extra for having been absent :coffee2:

$20?? They hit me up for $50! Seriously, welcome back.

:icon_thumleft::coffee2::coffee2::hello::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo' and Amigo ettes,:hello: There's a lesson to be learned in all this, Don't drink:coffee2: down stream of the cattle, Only have burro juice:coffee2:NP:cat:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
URP !! Prefer Sock coffee as an alternitive, more sanitary Although I have to admit that shallow, small dam where we got our drinking water, - only water in miles - still tasted like Burro :censored: even after boiling 1/2 of it's volume down, in other words it still tasted lke burro P__:censored: :tongue3: err coffee.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Romanian silver coins from king Michael ( MIhai ) era .

SDC11686.JPG SDC11687.JPG

Weighs 25 grams each . Are in my collection .

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro, Amigo :hello: I wanted to send your bail money, but no one had change for a thirty dollar bill in the Psych Unit I was IN,:tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:Next Time Amigo,:hello:NP:cat:

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TT Art treasures can be a very lucrative form of treasure hunting.

Amy

Yes Amy,,,I have also interest in that front,,some months back we were discussing about a possible find of such treasures with Crow and he posted several lost paintings that you can be rewarded if you give info about there whereabouts (of course some were stolen),,,I suggested at the time based on some amazing stories that it is good to now and then check flea markets of obscure towns in Europe and buy some old strange looking paintings for very cheap,,,who knows you may be lucky....but Crow pointed that even if one gets such valuable arts from flea markets by chance, you need to show the history of it's provenance as it might be stolen and you will have to hand it over,,,but some paintings have rewards attached to them so one can benefit from the rewards at least,, hence yes it is a good potential,,,so next time you pass an obscure town just check some old antique shop or flea market...:),,,,,I say old obscure towns because in bigger cities people are knowledgeable in such matters hence rare to find such valuables out in flea markets,,,,another related treasure hunt one can search is the first editions of many English books which are commanding tens of thousands by book collectors and auction houses,,,hence again a best place would be old obscure towns,:)

Here is one list for lost paintings with potential rewards

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stolen_paintings

For list of valuable books check this,,the book front is in your area of expertise as it is literature,,:)

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2006/jan/19/news
TT

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oro ? an innocent saintly type . What could they possibly find ? Of course those were just innocent pranks of a treasure hunter not to be taken seriously but bail wasn't set. :laughing7:

What's wrong with a thirty dollar bill? I have seen lot's of them circulating back in 1863, along with well used $ 3 dollar ones, standard fee of the ladies the night for their services :coffee2::coffee2: <--- genuine Sock cofee, not burro :censored::laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tin TIN, I'm just an uncouth treasure hunter but my sense of art does not cover most of the paintings. To me they are interesting, but worth milions of dollars ??? Now as to Marius' 'Grick' dancing gals ----:laughing7:.

But then a buck is a buck. still a treasure.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT,

I have come across some wonderful private library institutes here that you can access for a membership fee, and in some places, the books date back to the 16th century. I am humbled to have been born and live in a country that values knowledge and learning so much. Of course other countries do as well, but it is most certainly a privilege to have it on your doorstep. Only problem for one-man bands like me, is even though there is reams and reams of information and details to go through, I simply haven't got the resources or time to do so.

Oh well, such is the life of a novice hunter of goodies....

IUP

NB. Remember that French story about the WW2 treasure..? The British chap's name was Sir Jack Drummond

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TT,

I have come across some wonderful private library institutes here that you can access for a membership fee, and in some places, the books date back to the 16th century. I am humbled to have been born and live in a country that values knowledge and learning so much. Of course other countries do as well, but it is most certainly a privilege to have it on your doorstep. Only problem for one-man bands like me, is even though there is reams and reams of information and details to go through, I simply haven't got the resources or time to do so.

Oh well, such is the life of a novice hunter of goodies....

IUP

NB. Remember that French story about the WW2 treasure..? The British chap's name was Sir Jack Drummond

Thanks IUP,,,,don't worry for big score for the moment,,,it is good that UK has a strong document archiving culture...just compile your researches and documents even though you may not use it now,,,,information is power ,,archive your informations under country,under legend theme etc etc,,when situations become favourable you have the knowledge to act...
Thanks for the info on the French legend.!.

p.s.in your travels check some flea markets and antique shops for potential rare books and strange looking paintings you can buy for cheap,,, even if they turn out to be nothing you still decorate your house ,,:)
TT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread