Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe, that would involve approx, a 1000 mile trip, and my wife can no loner drive that long ? sides what would I do with my Dove ? she even sleeps with me now.

But thanks for your wishes, as for you, ya onry ole coot, you have to take care of yourself. We, and the Lost Dutchman group need you. that reminds me, whatever happened to my steak ??

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias Mikel, you neglected to say won or losing his battle. was that the Cesium Chloride treatment ? I may have to be taking that again myself.

Sorry, that was poorly worded. And also sorry to hear that you may need to go through that again.

Steve had been under hospice care at home for the last few weeks.

Yesterday, about noon Jean laid down with him and held her arms around him and he left this world and stepped into the light and into the glory of the presence of God.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i AN SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT MIKEL D.ID HE ACTUALLY TRY THE CESIUM TREATMENT iT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW OF IT'S RESULTS.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mis condolencias Mikel, give your baby Sister a hug from your T-Net family, and let her know we are praying that she find comfort in our Lord.

Su Amigo,
Homar

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too, my dear friend. We are all sending love and prayers to your whole family. :heart:

I am here for you any time, night or day, if you need a shoulder to share the burden on your heart.

Love,

Dit

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, all of you.
I have been through many hard moments in the last twenty hours or so, but seeing these posts, all together has taken a weight from my chest.

I could not imagine a better family than my TNET family. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

I am thankful to have you all in my life.

I will pass along the prayers and thoughts to Jean, when I see her.

God bless.
Mikel

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
this is not th'ing but a part of my life while I was treasure hunting in Mexico' I was flying on the spruce Budworm campaign in Canada. A boo boo. two neck vertebrata and three ribs. and a cute nurse.

I was investigating a reading in the Church in Chinapas, Chih. It was a clear, strong reading of some 10 ft by 5 ft in the room next to the alter.I had just received a telegram to report to Phoenix, Az if I wanted a job in Canada., so I entrusted the priest to recover whatever was there. .When I returned a month or so later there was no reading, but the area had been dug up. after all you can trust a priest no ? I will never know just how much he found there

Incidentally, I had a letter of introduction from the Bishop to all of the priest in the state to allow me full access to their church grounds, in return we would split anything 50 % for me and 25% each to the Bishop and the priest.

This should answer the question of the Church having any money hid View attachment 1461261 View attachment 1461262 den. Incidentally all church property belongs to the federal gov.

So, every man has around three favorite sayings.

He will inject these sayings even when they are only remotely (or even not at all) relevant.

This one, however, is interjected for obvious cause. (This post, and sooooo many others.)

"Every generation is weaker than the last".

Thanks.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Sorry, that was poorly worded. And also sorry to hear that you may need to go through that again.

Yesterday, about noon Jean laid down with him and held her arms around him and he left this world and stepped into the light and into the glory of the presence of God.

We are so sorry to hear of your loss my friend, prayers on the way.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Mr and mrs O.

Prayers from my TNET family are very welcome.
My TNET family is a good good family
God bless.

Mikel

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ProspectorMikel
My prayers and with you and your family. Truly our comfort and peace is from God.
May the infinite peace and love of God comfort you....
Vaya con Dios

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

my sincere condolences for your loss

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mikel: My condolences to you and all of your Bro in law's loved ones.

We are so tough...yet frail . In both the beginning and again at the end.
Such is a life lived.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Doc, Mark, Releventchair, Loke, AUdigger and Cactusjumper. I appreciate you all,
And our TNET family, more than mere words can tell.
I have adopted the phrase
"C" monster.
The word, cancer has become too bitter to pass through my lips anymore.

God bless.
Mikel

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternoon It has beeen asked why couldn't the Jesuits return to Tayopa after a few years after closing it up due to the Indian uprising

That is true, they probably even had some of the men still available that worked there, why couldn't they find it ?
Actually that stumped me for awhile also, then I found a clue that answered the question.
A shaft is extremely dificult to completely hide, so why ?? The answer is that Tayopa did not have a shaft but a tunnel for accesss.
I semi proved that when I used the Dopler Radar on it. The Doppler showed that they had worked two levels, 600 ft. and 900 ft. from the top of the cliff.. They went straight in and stopped out two sections that were in almost pure Sivlver, app 200 meters long. They had merely entered at the base of the cliff with a tunel which was very easy to hide.

Why couldn't 'they' find it ? The answer is that Tayopa lies directly on a line for all hurricanes that enter Sonora. - it is in Chihuahua - Have you ever seen the results of a full Hurricane in steep mountainous terrain ? It leaves the area almost unrecognizable, with countless tons of materiel washed down the Barrancas, scouring and obliterating points of reference, cliffs sliding down, etc.

So today we are faced with the same basic problem that stopped the Jesuits, .,We have to remove compacted falloff / overburden from the base of the cliff, however we know where to start, just need money.

The deposititory is another thing entirely, also accessible

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread