Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That rreminds me. Who .lives in Las Vegas ? A package arrived from there containg a floppy drive, whiich I needed, but no name to thank Who. Who?

Not me but if I knew you needed one, I would have sent it. Would you rather have a 8 Gig flash drive? EMail me your address if you want one.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That rreminds me. Who .lives in Las Vegas ? A package arrived from there containg a floppy drive, whiich I needed, but no name to thank Who. Who?

I would not open a package without a sender name and adress or an unknown sender . I would consider your package event as a lucky one .

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

3.5 or really old, 5 &1/4. I can send you a backup for each of those also. LOL My wife woun't mind me getting rid of "Junk". LOL

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
That theory on the negative blood types is pretty wild. I wonder if any research has been done on it?

Of course since human beings actually emit a tiny amount of light, which would fit that we are 'children of light' - it could be argued that those with the negative blood types are the opposite, the 'children of the darkness' so to speak. Before anyone gets feathers ruffed over that, I have negative blood type as well, which was very common where I came from.

Please do continue, and glad to know that someone else out there still has a 3.5 inch floppy drive too! I still have some files on 3.5 inch floppies that I hope to get transferred one of these days, when I get that 'round tuit'.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m more apt to find a round silver coin, than to get a round tuit!

Even more apt to win a small prize playing power ball lottery... sooner or later that can happen...

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1519908447.053942.jpg

Actually, that was the Arkansas
Mega-Million lottery!

#/;0)>~$$

Last edited:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That theory on the negative blood types is pretty wild. I wonder if any research has been done on it?

Of course since human beings actually emit a tiny amount of light, which would fit that we are 'children of light' - it could be argued that those with the negative blood types are the opposite, the 'children of the darkness' so to speak. Before anyone gets feathers ruffed over that, I have negative blood type as well, which was very common where I came from.

Please do continue, and glad to know that someone else out there still has a 3.5 inch floppy drive too! I still have some files on 3.5 inch floppies that I hope to get transferred one of these days, when I get that 'round tuit'.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:
Hey - I've got a round tuit, usb-based - just say the word whenever you want it!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shhhhhh! I told my wife that there are no more tuits left on the planet.....

If she finds out that you have one, I’ll never hear the end of it .......

#/;0{>~

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel

You can make yourself a round tuit at any dimension and from any material you like . When you will finish with the round thing , write on it the phrases : " Don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today " , and below " The beginning is the half of the success " .
Also , don't forget to be loyal to that round thing . :tongue3:

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just so happened, that I made one this morning!

I had my hoe-dad on my porch, and my tree saw in my backpack just inside my front door.

I use the hoe-dad for a walking stick, and the end of the handle had a half inch of wood sticking out.

So I cut it off by getting a round to it, and in return I now have a round tuit.

#/;0>~
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520137956.821520.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just so happened, that I made one this morning!

I had my hoe-dad on my porch, and my tree saw in my backpack just inside my front door.

I use the hoe-dad for a walking stick, and the end of the handle had a half inch of wood sticking out.

So I cut it off by getting a round to it, and in return I now have a round tuit.

#/;0>~
View attachment 1558828

I made it more magic .

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520137956.821520.jpg

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
In some states, you can go online and take the concealed gun permit course. Instead of being a live demonstration course, it is a video of the same course. Then all you do is take a test, then print out your certificate and take it to your closest courthouse, where they send it to the FBI for a background check. The permit is then sent to you in the mail. The length of time to receive it varies on the number of people applying. Where I live, there are as many as 5000 applying each day. I'm sure every state doesn't allow the online course. Some require you to take the live course where you actually shoot and receive hands on training about care and safety, which also taught in the online course. Just some info I thought some may want and not be aware of. Good Luck rockhound

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
In some states, you can go online and take the concealed gun permit course. Instead of being a live demonstration course, it is a video of the same course. Then all you do is take a test, then print out your certificate and take it to your closest courthouse, where they send it to the FBI for a background check. The permit is then sent to you in the mail. The length of time to receive it varies on the number of people applying. Where I live, there are as many as 5000 applying each day. I'm sure every state doesn't allow the online course. Some require you to take the live course where you actually shoot and receive hands on training about care and safety, which also taught in the online course. Just some info I thought some may want and not be aware of. Good Luck rockhound

Not to pick a fight over this, as I also have a CC permit, and think they are a good thing in some ways, in another way I do not approve of the idea whatsoever. By being forced to obtain a permit from law enforcement authorities, the direct implication is that you do NOT have the right to be carrying a weapon, except by the express permission of those law enforcement agencies. This concept is contrary to the 2nd amendment in both word and spirit. For while the term 'well regulated' is included, in the sentence it is in, it is clearly referring to a militia, not to the following phrase which is very explicit - 'shall not be infringed'. A concealed carry permit is absolutely an infringement.

Perhaps if CC permits were required to be issued unless a background check turned up some felony convictions etc it would not be such an infringement, but these permits are issued very much at the whim of the law enforcement authorities in many places. One city police chief might have no problem issuing them, another might refuse to issue them on his own personal reasons without any basis
on the law.

Sorry for the soap box monologue there, and by all means to everyone reading this, even if you don't even OWN a firearm, I highly recommend to get yourself a concealed carry permit. It might not help you but as they say with guns, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. <stepping off the soapbox here>

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to pick a fight over this, as I also have a CC permit, and think they are a good thing in some ways, in another way I do not approve of the idea whatsoever. By being forced to obtain a permit from law enforcement authorities, the direct implication is that you do NOT have the right to be carrying a weapon, except by the express permission of those law enforcement agencies. This concept is contrary to the 2nd amendment in both word and spirit. For while the term 'well regulated' is included, in the sentence it is in, it is clearly referring to a militia, not to the following phrase which is very explicit - 'shall not be infringed'. A concealed carry permit is absolutely an infringement.

Perhaps if CC permits were required to be issued unless a background check turned up some felony convictions etc it would not be such an infringement, but these permits are issued very much at the whim of the law enforcement authorities in many places. One city police chief might have no problem issuing them, another might refuse to issue them on his own personal reasons without any basis
on the law.

Sorry for the soap box monologue there, and by all means to everyone reading this, even if you don't even OWN a firearm, I highly recommend to get yourself a concealed carry permit. It might not help you but as they say with guns, it is better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. <stepping off the soapbox here>

Please do continue,

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Our state was something like that a few years ago. It was at the discretion of the county sheriff as to whether you could receive a c.c. permit. Then the state passed a law stating the sheriff's department could no longer operate that way and made our state a "Right to Carry" state, providing one passed all the background checks and took the required tests.

A week after I received my c.c. permit a local newspaper got a hold of everyone in our county that had a permit and they printed their names and addresses. Legal action ensued and the newspaper claimed 1st amendment protection. A massive amount of people boycotted the paper and their sponsors and put an end to them updating c.c. permit holders. This caught the attention of our state legislature who then introduced and passed a bill prohibiting this on the grounds of invasion of privacy and the fact that if someone wanted a weapon, all they had to do was look in the paper to find an address and stake it out for a burglary.

Oroblanco is correct on saying some areas determine on a whim who does and who does not receive a c.c. permit.

I can remember one instance which helped draw attention to our non-uniform permits. A gentleman, ( who had been a friend of a county sheriff for many years ) had been issued a permit for almost 20 years. His friend the county sheriff was retiring and so a new county sheriff was going to be elected. This gentleman went around the county promoting his choice for county sheriff. At election time, his candidate lost and as a sort of retaliation, the newly elected county sheriff denied renewal of the gentleman's c.c.permit even though he had one for the past 20 years and was a law abiding citizen. This brought to light the 99 counties we had and and how different they were. There was some counies that would NOT allow someone from a neighboring county with a c.c. permit to enter their county with a weapon.

I totally agree with Oroblanco on getting a permit.

I did not think I would need one until the night a huge linebacker tried to carjack me right in front of the McDonald's drive thru window. The McDonald's employee shut the drive thru window and locked it and I was on my own. The attacker did not get my vehicle, but he did cut me with something on my arm. Police caught him a short time later. He had a huge rap sheet. He had just gotten out of prison for assaulting a police officer with a weapon !

You just never know.

( Now if I just knew where to purchase a
S&W .357 with a 4 " barrel with Keith long range front sights I might be happy ? ) :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Both very good and thought out replies. I just applied after my wife was approached at the grocery store and she applied also. A man asked to borrow 65 cents. When my wife refuse, he got very upset. Then a store employee walked toward them and he left. My wife said she would not open her purse with him standing there in front of her. Later that same day, a woman was kidnapped and taken 2 miles before being thrown out, from the same store. Don't know if it was the same guy or not. And some areas are much worse than ours. We live in a rural section that sees very little crime. Good Luck. rockhound

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in the second amendment, . The ones that wrote it experienced firearms control. Had a letter from an Ausstrilian police offecer that reported that assaults were up 44%\ since they confiscated firearms, much to bewilderment of the lawmaer who designed it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread