Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose - in case you hadn't thought of it, or nobody else mentioned it you could always sit down with a tape recorder every day and just start telling your life story. At some point, someday I can guarantee you one of us here on TNet would be more than happy to honor you by transcribing it and at the very least publishing an "ebook."

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
With modern inexpensive speech recognition software, "transcription" is generally simple editing.

Easy-peasy! No excuses.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With modern inexpensive speech recognition software, "transcription" is generally simple editing.

Easy-peasy! No excuses.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Is anyone using this software, here, to make posts?

I have tried to use the app on my iPhone [emoji336], and I guess, I just donā€™t speak fast enough, or loud enough.

I have the same problem with Siri, as they both print out synonyms and leave words out, and more...

I gave up on it, due to the very same reasons that I tried to use it.

Any simple advice, out there???

#/80{>~

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have Scottish ancestry ! :dontknow: ( Campbells ). Your Ireland is NOT that far away either. :icon_scratch:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Scottish ancestry ! :dontknow: ( Campbells ). Your Ireland is NOT that far away either. :icon_scratch:
Ahhh - the Campbells and the 'Massacre of Glencoe' - 1692!! Do you know that even today, in Glencoe, if your name is Campbell you are scowled upon?
(My wife is Scottish btw - but not a Campbell (chuckles)).

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea, that was not one of their high points, but they did do some good elsewhere.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes Simon my hubby is a Scotsman, and his Mother was a Campbell. Those Campbells murdered the Mc. Donalds in their beds. (scurvey ) lot lol. Still today my hubby wears his kilt on occasions, he has to go out in the dark tho, in case those murderous Mc.Donalds are lurking about:laughing7:. Not too many in England tho.

Oh Jose, now you know I would have married you, but you chose your lovely Bert. I would have even carried your bucket and spade for you when you went treasure hunting. sniff.

take care yous all 'U'

Last edited:

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon,, I can see why I never took up treasure hunting, sheesh! what a nerve you all got to do that sort of thing . Me coward lol
Mikel I am sorry but I can't help you with your question, I am about as bad with computers as I am with treasure hunting. If we wait awhile someone on the site
will know the answer.

'U'

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Unicorn, so there is a possibility that your husband and I "may" be related . How interesting.

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon, yes you may well be a distant cousin ( hi cous) the Campbells did get about rather alot. I do like to see those pipe bands in their full dress kilts.:censored:

Now I know what you might well want to ask me, but I have been sworn to secrecy.

'U'.

I seem to be losing a few of my posts, must be floating around in space

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simon,, I can see why I never took up treasure hunting, sheesh! what a nerve you all got to do that sort of thing . Me coward lol
Mikel I am sorry but I can't help you with your question, I am about as bad with computers as I am with treasure hunting. If we wait awhile someone on the site
will know the answer.

'U'

UNI, thanks for caring enough to respond.

When it comes to waiting...........
Iā€™m pretty good at it, and sometimes I even forget what I asked. Hehehe!

Also I have a few ā€œkilt ā€œ related stories, most likely made up, but funny.

Probably a little too crusty to post.
So............

#/;0{>~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , that's the way till you will find the church .

View attachment 1577667

Markmar and Simon1, Iā€™m pretty sure that, that ledge would create a bathroom emergency!!!!!

(This is edited in because the ledge photo didnā€™t make the trip...)

Well, it didnā€™t show the ledge photo, but that other photo would most likely do the same!!

#/80{>~

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Re:the ledge. Not sure if that's the way to the Church but I bet some who go out on it get religion. Hope you're doing better Mi Major- good luck. Uglymailman(Ret.)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It has been 5 days since we last saw one of your smoke signals Senor Don Jose, how are you doing ? :notworthy: telecommunications-indian-red_indian-native_american-smoke_signal-text_message-ksm0792_low.jpg

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon those smoke signals are certainly getting on the small side again. Wakey Wakey time for a post my lovely.

'U'

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread