Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This was/ is a fireside chat and coffee site, where everyone has a special log seat and can talk about anything.
========

Don Jose, not to complain, ( to loudly ), but did you pick out this log chair for me or did Dit :dontknow:
WTF.jpg

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh but Mikel, the leggings would serve as a "distraction" so the pain is almost unnoticeable :laughing7:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bertie's stomping grounds are similar to mine, only exaggerated 2 -3 times, with much more violent looking brush, and a whole lot more arid looking.

It must have a limited hiking "season".

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what "Mau" means...
Pics of my stomping grounds or stories?
Here are a few pictures of my backyard.
4B2B2394-9F63-473B-83FF-2F9739BB24A7.jpeg
EED0B197-7AF8-41C3-B7DA-312D563E37EB.jpeg
38A56C66-89E9-4541-99B2-85F48A4E1A36.jpg

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that last photo...the reddish peak in the center...an old miner told my dad that there was some high grade ore piled up near the entrance that never got crushed. He was too old to do anything about it. Dad never followed up on the lead for whatever reason?!

Several years later the old miner told a younger guy of the high grade ore...he took an ATV up the mountain and found the pile of ore. Most of it would set off a metal detector.
I think he had a blast detecting that mine for a couple years picking up scraps the old miners threw out.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
AuDigger, how big is that shooter? 454 Casull? 500 Express?

That cannon looks to be foot and a half long, lol. Looking good for sure.

Bear country out there?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharp eye! It's just a little 7 shot .357 mag. W/4" barrel.

Bears yes, but wasn't packing it for bears really.
Protection from outlaws. Seems weird to hear myself say that.

There are a bunch of enterprising people from south of the border that grow large fields of weeds.
It's gang related and lots of money involved. If I end up in the wrong place at the wrong time, I want to be prepared. Besides- I enjoy shooting it!

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time when I was younger... I was working in the mountains surveying, packing a tripod over my shoulder...lath and a machete in the other hand....walking across the top of a steep cliff of bedrock...pebble got under my boot and I slipped down the bluff..ass over tea kettle to the bottom.

It was one of those falls where you have to pause for a minute and take stock of the damage (am I ok?).
I was cut/scraped/bleeding but ok. As I stood up, I noticed I was laying in a patch of Cannabis.

I started to try and figure out a way to get back up the hill and noticed my worn out pants had completely ripped off my body. Couldn't even salvage cut-offs out of them.

My dad had made it down to me by then. Took one look at me and we both started laughing. "What am I going to do now?" I asked.
He pulled out his pocket knife and a roll of pink flagging.
Neatly stitched my pants back together and I finished out the days work.

The patch of dope turned out to be a bunch of volunteers downstream of last years big garden. This was before the cartels had moved into these mountains, so it likely belonged to our client.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAU, reference..

As Don Jose struggles with symptoms from multiple attacks on his aging body ( not necessarily related to his ability to see, only).

He finds ways to shorten his time on the keyboard.

He has taken the root of your Tnet name and shortened it, from what he sees ( I MAU DIGGER)

It isn’t a form of disrespect. It is actually a form of congeniality.

He sees you as someone that fits in, here on this thread.

If you go back far enough, you will see that pattern is well defined.

In short, he likes you and your photos.

Our beloved DON has returned from many strolls with the angel of death [emoji88].

Enjoy.

And Welcome to to the thread.

#/;0{>~

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAU, reference..

As Don Jose struggles with symptoms from multiple attacks on his aging body ( not necessarily related to his ability to see, only).

He finds ways to shorten his time on the keyboard.

He has taken the root of your Tnet name and shortened it, from what he sees ( I MAU DIGGER)

It isn’t a form of disrespect. It is actually a form of congeniality.

He sees you as someone that fits in, here on this thread.

If you go back far enough, you will see that pattern is well defined.

In short, he likes you and your photos.

Our beloved DON has returned from many strolls with the angel of death [emoji88].

Enjoy.

And Welcome to to the thread.

#/;0{>~

I see..we are all headed that direction, aren't we?
Thanks for the welcome.

Enjoyed the stories thus far.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, we're all headed that direction........
But very few are left out of The Greatest Generation.
Those are not just stories, but the Life of a Giant of a man. Not necessarily in body, but Spirit. One of a kind.
Please be aware, as we love our Comandante dearly, we all pray that he stays with us Forever.
Welcome to this fire chat.............(His words)

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome IMAU, while in the Border Patrol, I carried a S&W .357, with a 4", a Kieth long range front sight, loaded with a 156 SWC, in front of 14.5 grains of2400.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions