Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Crow you did good, having Christmas and New Year Greetings from our Don Jose, more than I did sheesh and I thought you my best friend Don Jose.

Well never mind I will wish all of the posters a Very Happy, Healthy, and prosperous New Year.

Take care all

Shirley

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ujnicorn, you are right, as usual I filled it out then didn't hit the send button, a thing that has happened to many of my posts in here also.

Will just tarring and feathering be ok instead of burning at the stske? Or perhaps a nice cuppa of hot tea would be ok?

How is Se5on ? (her hubby )

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE, THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE MY GOING AWAY PARTY WHEN I RETIRED, BUT THEY CANCELLED IT DUE TO WEATHER. IT WAS SO COLD THAT THE TAR WOULDN'T MELT AND THE WIND KEPT BLOWING THE FEATHERS AWAY.

#/;0)~

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE, THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT IT WAS THE BEST JOB I EVER HAD. THE DAY THAT I LEFT, THE OWNER HAD BEEN TRYING TO TRACK ME DOWN TO SAY GOODBYE AT THE SAME TIME THAT I WENT TO HIS OFFICE FOR THE SAME THING. WE MET SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WAS AFRAID THAT I HAD LEFT BEFORE HE GOT TO SAY GOODBYE.

IF MY HEALTH EVER GETS BETTER, THAT IS WHERE I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AGAIN. GOOD PEOPLE.

:coffee2::coffee2:
#/;0)~

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Mi amigo Don Jose-
First things first, cuppa Joe for ya?![emoji477]️
What's the latest on Tayopa? Any closer to opening that bad boy or are you still dealing with the "politics" related to it?
I don't recall having heard any updates recently so I was just curious.
Thank you in advance!

All the best-
J.A.

P.S. Every day that goes by, I'm growing more and more anxious in anticipation for your book!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Mi amigo Don Jose-
First things first, cuppa Joe for ya?![emoji477]️
What's the latest on Tayopa? Any closer to opening that bad boy or are you still dealing with the "politics" related to it?
I don't recall having heard any updates recently so I was just curious.
Thank you in advance!

All the best-
J.A.

P.S. Every day that goes by, I'm growing more and more anxious in anticipation for your book!

Ditto!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aqui.

Was in Hermosillo yesterday at the Junta.to talk of forming a CV de SA. for Tayopa.

It went very smoothly, then afterwords we had breakfast. We met in one of the assoc's. Restaurant, "La Herradura". It was a fairly large restaurant and was filled to capacity . We used his conference room.

It was interesting in that we all only had a hand shake deal and that they meticulously followed it. They easily could have eliminated me, so so much for crooked, cheating, Mexicans.

They agreed to 4 equal parts. with the restaurant owner,and our dead partner's family being one part ( the restaurant owner, Cesar, and I insisted on it). There was no dissent what-so-ever,

One part to the residents up there on Tayopa and the Guirijiros - whose ancestors worked the Tayopa,

And the third part to our People in charge of the work up there.

A fourth part to Bert. so it is an all Mexican S.A de C.V.

I was very impressed since they could have easily phased me out, since they know where the deposit is and the secret to finding the entry to the Tayopa main workings. They honored our handshake, which was a very rare occurrence today.

I took a calculated risk and it paid off. I retain all book, TV, Movie, etc rights.

Now let's see how they work.

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a good man Compadre, and will be blessed for your considerations, and generosity. I only wish a hand shake were as good around here.

Homar

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE, I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER FOR YOU. I CANNOT IMAGINE ANYONE SHAKING YOUR HAND ON A PARTNERSHIP AND THEN NOT FOLLOW THRU.

CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND.
:thumbsup:,:notworthy:,:goldbar::coffee2:
MIKEL
#/;0)~
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been following this thread for years and am very excited for you Don Jose!

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great timing, my friend....as my visit here has run its course and I must bid you adieu. It's been a helluva ride, Amigo....thank you for allowing me a seat at the campfire. Best wishes and much success in your continued adventures! Raise a glass for me when the time comes....Adios, my long time Compadre... :notworthy: :-* :wave:
Au revoir - and take care!
(from your newly appointed dishwasher ...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread