Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short finger, you posted --- However, that should free up a little of your time to work on the book?

SLAVE DRIVER

Don. Jose, with all due respect, I have been called much worse over my many years of life. My guess is that there will be many that share my sentiments. 20 minutes a day? Instead of watching a "reality" show? Must we beg and grovel?

:notworthy::coffee2::coffee2::hello2::coffee2::coffee2::notworthy:

JB

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TASK MASTER

I KNOW HOW HARD IT HAS BEEN FOR ME TO PUT DOWN IN WORDS, THE SMALL PORTIONS OF THE LAST DECADE AND A HALF, OF MY LIFE. ONLY THE SIGNIFICANT PORTIONS AT BEST.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW LONG AND HARD ONE WOULD HAVE TO WORK TO BRING A LEGEND TO LIFE ON SHEETS OF PAPER. A SIGNIFICANT LIFETIME OF EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAY THE LEAST.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW BETTER THAN DON JOSE?

IF IT WERE EASY, IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH READING, I SUPPOSE.

KNOCK IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK, DON JOSE. :notworthy:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::goldtrophy::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
#/;0)~

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
J. A. A.
We have formed a co. and it is out of my hands now. We are putting a team on the ground. You must remember that it is at the end of any trails and of neccessity it will be slow. I am being kept as an advisor etc, since I can't really be up there. So, for all purposes I am just like you. Ths Tayopa has taught me Patience, if nothing more.

Don Jose-
my friend, you are far from just like me. Unlike me, you've spent the better part of a lifetime with boots actually on the ground seeking, AND finding, what most people on this or any other site could only dream about. I just hope, for your sake, that one day you get to see the proverbial "pot at the end of the rainbow"! As another member a few posts ago said...just keep us informed as you can, when you can.

If the saying goes "good things come to those who wait", then you, my friend, should expect amazing things!

Again, all the best to you and yours-
Justin

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOMAR.
REGARDLESS OF WHAT THAT NEW ENGLAND, YANKEE SAYS. I THINK THE JOKE ON THAT OTHER THREAD WAS FREAKIN' FUNNY. THEY'LL PROBABLY GIVE ME A SUSPENSION FOR HAVING YOUR BACK WITH THAT GUY.

I JUST COULDN'T SIT BACK AND LET HIM DISRESPECT YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR, JUST BECAUSE HE DIDN'T GET IT.

IT'S JUST THE WAY I WAS RAISED TO SEE THE WORLD.
I THINK I SHOULD PUT THAT LINE IN MY SIGNATURE.

NOW THAT I KNOW THAT YOU ARE ON THAT THREAD, I'M GONNA KEEP UP WITH IT, AND YOU AS WELL.

MIKEL
#/;0)~

HOWDY MIKEL,

I RARELY VENTURE OUT OF THE LOST DUTCHMAN THREADS. THAT'S THE ONLY TIME I HAVE POSTED THERE, SINCE IT SEEMED TO BE ABOUT TREASURE. IT MAKES ME WONDER OF MANY TREASURE STORIES WHERE THE BANK ROBBERS ARE HANGED WITHOUT SAYING WHERE THEY HID THE LOOT. COULD BE THEY WERE HUNG BECAUSE THEY DID SAY WHERE IT WAS.

THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS, AND FOR STANDING UP FOR ME. IT REALLY DOESN'T BOTHER ME, I KNEW HE GOT IT, BUT HAS PROBLEMS FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER.

SINCE I AM ADDRESSING YOU, I THOUGHT I'D MAKE IT EASY ON YOUR EYES. I FOUND YOUR THREAD, BUT I HAVEN'T READ IT ALL YET, I SURE HAD BEEN MISSING A LOT. I DO HOPE BOTH YOU, AND DON JOSE GET TO SEE YOUR BOOKS ON THE SHELVES, OR BETTER YET, ON SOME STRANGERS HANDS.

HOMAR

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J.A.A., that was a supreme compliment that you gave me, thankyou.

Don Jose, J.A.A. has managed to put into words what I myself, and I am sure many others on this thread, have been thinking all along. You deserve that, as well as many more compliments. The small bits and pieces that you have shared with us on these pages make us want to see the whole story. But, we will try to have patience as well. Doesn't mean i won't ping you from time to time, though....

:coffee2::coffee2::notworthy::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I KNOW HOW HARD IT HAS BEEN FOR ME TO PUT DOWN IN WORDS, THE SMALL PORTIONS OF THE LAST DECADE AND A HALF, OF MY LIFE. ONLY THE SIGNIFICANT PORTIONS AT BEST.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW LONG AND HARD ONE WOULD HAVE TO WORK TO BRING A LEGEND TO LIFE ON SHEETS OF PAPER. A SIGNIFICANT LIFETIME OF EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAY THE LEAST.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW BETTER THAN DON JOSE?

IF IT WERE EASY, IT WOULD NOT BE WORTH READING, I SUPPOSE.

KNOCK IT OUT OF THE BALLPARK, DON JOSE. :notworthy:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::goldtrophy::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
#/;0)~

Mikel,

Agreed it is not easy. However, I respectfully submit that both you and Don Jose have shown us here on TN that you are both capable of marvelous things. Just write it like you were telling the story here on these threads. I am patiently waiting for both your books. Well, maybe not so patiently, but waiting. As long as I'm on about books, I suppose i should ask Oro about his book. Oro, I know you had a computer problem that cost you a lot of work, but it is likely that most or all of that information can be recovered, as Mikel suggested a few posts ago on one or another of these threads. How are you doing on your book, Roy?

:coffee2::coffee2::hello::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Don Jose,

Sorry to butt in here. There is a guy named Jerry Curry who lives somewhere in Arizona and, during the late 1960's, he did three combat tours in Vietnam with Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 173rd Airborne Brigade. Any relation to you?

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Mikel,

Agreed it is not easy. However, I respectfully submit that both you and Don Jose have shown us here on TN that you are both capable of marvelous things. Just write it like you were telling the story here on these threads. I am patiently waiting for both your books. Well, maybe not so patiently, but waiting. As long as I'm on about books, I suppose i should ask Oro about his book. Oro, I know you had a computer problem that cost you a lot of work, but it is likely that most or all of that information can be recovered, as Mikel suggested a few posts ago on one or another of these threads. How are you doing on your book, Roy?

:coffee2::coffee2::hello::coffee2::coffee2:

JB

Hola amigo - the first one is sitting on a back burner, although I now have the necessary hardware to try to retrieve the files (especially some evidence photos that I can not replace) it is a matter of getting around to it. On the other one I got sucked into thinking it would be an article, still doing the cross-checking thing so will be some time before that gets to any publisher. I am not even sure I can do it, there is just SO much information, and a lot of it conflicting. So anyway thanks for the interest, I do try to peg at least a bit of effort into it every night, but fail sometimes.

Please do continue amigos;
:coffee2: :coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Mdog, no i am sorry. my period was WW II, Guadalcanal

And you wonder why sometimes you are compared to a particular type of poultry - heck anyone that could survive fighting the Japanese in the Pacific has to be one tough old bird! :tongue3: Thank you for your service to your country, it was guys like you that really did save the world.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, Amigo,
Have some:coffee2::coffee2::hello: Just my type of old swetty,smellin,:coffee2:drinking old mule,:hello:NP:cat:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigo - the first one is sitting on a back burner, although I now have the necessary hardware to try to retrieve the files (especially some evidence photos that I can not replace) it is a matter of getting around to it. On the other one I got sucked into thinking it would be an article, still doing the cross-checking thing so will be some time before that gets to any publisher. I am not even sure I can do it, there is just SO much information, and a lot of it conflicting. So anyway thanks for the interest, I do try to peg at least a bit of effort into it every night, but fail sometimes.

Hola back to you, my friend. Yes, you dropped a few hints about the book from time to time on the threads, and I was (and still am) intrigued by what little you have let out. I definitely know the story about "getting around to it". I also know the story about the large amount of info and conflicting info to boot. I had (briefly) thought about trying to do a spread sheet on the LDM info, similar to what I had done with Peg Leg, but the sheer mass of data was overwhelming, so much was conflicting, and probably an amalgamation of several different stories or legends about several different mines. Anyway, you indicated on one of the threads that someone had done it already, and I surely don't want to duplicate efforts, especially with that huge amount of data. I have been lurking on several of the LDM threads, but I don't have much to contribute over there, and, if anything there is more to look at there than there is here in Tayopa. It took me weeks to get through all of this topic.

My turn to buy.

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that obuma has taken Cuba off of the terrorist list, that reminded me of a period in my sordid life.

I remember being approached by a well dressed stranger in the plaza at Alamos, where I was enjoying a morning cuppa cofe while oggling the lovely Damsels on parade displaying their wares.--------

Are you mr joseph Curry?" Yes " I acknowledged after hemming and hawing around he got to the point, "how would you like to fly a PBY Ampibian for Fidel Castro"?

"Who is he?" I asked, he is a patriot fighting for freedom from the dictator, Batista. My ears perked up at that and after a bit of in depth details, he mentioned that I would hold a commision in Fedels' revolionary army.

I told him that I had to check a few things first, and that I would give him an answer in a few days. We exchanged a few pleasantries, then he begged off leaving me to my erotic thoughts concerning the lovely young senoritas parading around the plaza.

I immeditely contacted the American concil in Hermosillo and questioned them as to how it would effect my American citizenship. I was assured that although the law would regard my swearing an oath of allegience to a foreign Govt as an actual renouncing of my citizenship, that they would turn blind eye to Castro.

This set off a red lght, since they had given no definite word on my citizenship, this plus descrete inquiry brought out word that my magnificent salary would only apply while I was in Cuban waters. that the rest of the time I would be based in Yucatan on a dollar a day with meals included - beans and tortillas - kinda damped my thoughts of a gallant reveloutionary Officer . fighting for freedom.

He countered with many a lovely argument but in the end admitted that I had a legit objection. He cautioned me that I was bound by an oath of secrecy and left - more on that later.

so I would have been receiving an Pilot officers salary only while i was flying in Cuban waters - and since Batist had rcently aquired a group of night equiped P-51 fighters, it occured to me that a defenseless PBY Amphib was no match for them, so my enthusiam for the position sagged even further and I regretfully turned down his offer to be a Mercenary in his movement.

I later heard that those that did accept went missing after 1 or 2 flights.

So I turned down my chance for fame and fortune - I heard later that Castro imprisioned the others after the successful rev. and later had them executed.

So I turned to legit treasure hunting instead. Sigh.

'he is a Cuban fighting for freedom for Cubans" he replied

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oro

To retrieve your data from the damaged desktop . just pluck out the hard disc from the damaged and install it in the new one , of course if the connections are the same technology PATA or SATA .
If the connections are the same , and after you have installed it , open the " MY Computer " setting and choose the new hard disc from the list to open it .
If the connections don't match , take the HDD to a computer technician to transfer your data to a flash disc or into other external HDD .

Just a tip .

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Tio José, This has nothing to do with the thread topic but since all my buddies seem to check in here I thought I'd post it here. You can remove it if you'd like.
For the past few months I've been helping a friend get a kitchen together in his bar. It now appears that I'll be running the kitchen, head pot scrubber and cook. Lol. Hopefully this will help pad my travelling money for a trip south this winter. So if any of y'all find yourself in Southeast wyoming drop me a line and I'll make sure you get a decent meal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread