Miss halfdimes Kennywood bonanza

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Miss halfdime's Kennywood bonanza

At the school picnic today, Miss halfdime made a killing. Once she discovered $.85 in the Racer, it was all over. Soon it was two quarters in the Logjammer, another dime in the Racer again, etc. Then, at Skee Ball, she was in her glory "diving" (laying on the floor, looking under arcade machines). It was all I could do to prevent her entering the water at the Raging Rapids, where half dollars stared at her from the murky depths. I'd post a picture, but I'm too tired. She came home with at least $4.00. As we rode the Kennywood Railroad past the old picnic areas, I got to thinking: "Surely someone has detected this area since it opened in 1898!" I'd love to know if anyone on TNet's had that privilege. If you're from Pittsburgh, none of this story needs any further explanation.

Upvote 0

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
Re: Miss halfdime's Kennywood bonanza

You know my motto........

Treasure hunter, anytime any place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

that sounds like the wife and I ! tell her congrats :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

I wondered the same every yr. Has this place ever been hunted. I'm sure in the off season someone over the yrs has hit it. I've never heard of anyone doing it though.

I dream when I'm there of picking up rev war items from braddock. He was all through there. I bet that place has alot of finds beneath those grounds. I'll be there for the 4th of july. We do a family trip every yr on that day.

P.S let me know if you ever get us permission to hunt it lol I'll be over there in a flash.

HH Jer

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All this talk about Kennywood, you guys are making me homesick. Tell Miss Halfdime congrats on the eyeball finds. There was no mention of the jack rabbit or the thunderbolt. Are they still there?

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

willie d said:
All this talk about Kennywood, you guys are making me homesick. Tell Miss Halfdime congrats on the eyeball finds. There was no mention of the jack rabbit or the thunderbolt. Are they still there?
We hit the Jackrabbit as soon as we got in the park, but found no treasure. My kids are still too short for the Thunderbolt; I'm hoping they add about three inches before next year!

JerDfx said:
I wondered the same every yr. Has this place ever been hunted. I'm sure in the off season someone over the yrs has hit it. I've never heard of anyone doing it though.

I dream when I'm there of picking up rev war items from braddock. He was all through there. I bet that place has alot of finds beneath those grounds. I'll be there for the 4th of july. We do a family trip every yr on that day.

P.S let me know if you ever get us permission to hunt it lol I'll be over there in a flash.

HH Jer
You gotta figure someone's done it. Now, you'd have to ask the Spaniards who own it.

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

halfdime said:
willie d said:
We hit the Jackrabbit as soon as we got in the park, but found no treasure. My kids are still too short for the Thunderbolt; I'm hoping they add about three inches before next year!

JerDfx said:

HH Jer
You gotta figure someone's done it. Now, you'd have to ask the Spaniards who own it.

HA I spent the day at Kennywood yesterday, and that very thought crossed my mind, especially at the base of one of the big coasters, there was a small grassy area that is probably filled with coins.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Wouldn't it be cool to have a TNet hunt at Kennywood? You have to think, though, that some lucky dog has done it. Imagine the haul!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

halfdime said:
Wouldn't it be cool to have a TNet hunt at Kennywood? You have to think, though, that some lucky dog has done it. Imagine the haul!

Think of it this way...if some lucky dog has already done it, then permission has been granted before and I suppose the possibliity then exists that it could be again. And even if someone has, there is way too much ground to cover, I know there are loads of goodies still left in that ground.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
halfdime said:

You better think twice about inviting Little Miss Halfdime ... :toothy4:

She will clean up while you guys are wondering around diggin pull tabs ... :icon_jokercolor:

Nick
Ah, Nick, it's good to see you again! It reminds me of the episode of The Munsters when Herman was struck by lightning and turned into Fred Gwynne. Herman thought Fred was just about the ugliest thing he'd ever seen! He was so relieved to be struck again and have his glorious visage restored. ;D You're right, Kennywood is probably the pull tab capitol of the world.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey,

We would have our family reunion at Kennywood. :o I have family in PA. I would look on the roofs of some of those rides and they are covered with coins. ;D The Jack Rabbit is the best !! :D I would go to a T-net hunt there.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread