Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Missing in the Bermuda Triangle- An Ongoing Saga

I am guilty myself of not reading every page on the discussion forum I posted especially the beginning pages with the arrest accusations. I was mainly following this saga through the local newscasts, and I heard no mention of suspected drug activity or felony records.

But there does appear to be foul play. The story changed from fishing trip to family visit and thenthey are spotted on an island way off course, disappearing before they could be rescued. I think the police need to investigate a possible double murder but I am just guessing. Searching phone calls made before leaving may shed some light.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

After further reflection, I admit that there is justification for some to think my views are biased.
Honestly had no ethnic intentions with "hoodlums", that is a term which, for me, has always transcended any considerations of race.
As I said, I was quite the hoodlum myself in my youth, until the USMC made a man out of me.

I still think they were up to no good, but as there is nothing conclusive to back that up I'll give them the benefit of doubt, and assume that they were not.
Maybe not here nor there, as if they are found or if they are not, we may never know the real story.
Odds of their survival this long don't look too promising, would be near miraculous if they turn up.

I remember when Chuck Muer went missing in the area some years back, that was a big story here since he was a well known businessman here.
Of course, the circumstances of that incident weren't much in doubt.

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro

I saw a news clip last night here in Gainesville. Showed the brother of one of them, he was holding a cutting board from the boat, and a bag of what looked like some clothing. They had been to the island looking for evidence. The brother was emotional & stated that he will not stop looking for his brother.

I hope they are found soon. Whatever the reason for them being in this perdicament. I hope they are found, one way or the other.

skt

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Xraywolf said:
After further reflection, I admit that there is justification for some to think my views are biased.
Honestly had no ethnic intentions with "hoodlums", that is a term which, for me, has always transcended any considerations of race.
As I said, I was quite the hoodlum myself in my youth, until the USMC made a man out of me.

I still think they were up to no good, but as there is nothing conclusive to back that up I'll give them the benefit of doubt, and assume that they were not.
Maybe not here nor there, as if they are found or if they are not, we may never know the real story.
Odds of their survival this long don't look too promising, would be near miraculous if they turn up.

I remember when Chuck Muer went missing in the area some years back, that was a big story here since he was a well known businessman here.
Of course, the circumstances of that incident weren't much in doubt.

It is Not just the word Hoodlum I Have a Problem with.

It is your Sentence

"I know hoodlums when I see them"

Which suggests you
are Judging them on their Looks
which Struck my Ire towards your opinion.

Could you pick a Hoodloom Priest out of
a Lineup of Priests ?

Carefull this is a Trick Question,
because if you say yes your going by Looks,
unless you were eyewitness to a crime or know them
personally.
And if you say No Then
it appears Your Going By their Faces,
Clothes They had on, Skin color, or ethnanticity.

This is Hopefully My final word on this
I would rather read about the Missing Men
then discuss this fruther. :wink:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jeff, don't know what to tell ya.
I grew up in a rough area of Detroit, went to schools where I took chains and brass knucks to survive, and this is at just 12 years old.
I literally had to fight to survive, there wasn't anything teachers, parents or cops could do, it was all settled amongst us kids.
Like true thugs, we'd never want the cops involved in our disputes, perhaps the only code of honor practiced by thugs.
I do know a hoodlum/thug when I see one, I can look in their eyes and tell they are not fine, upstanding citizens.
I can excuse this to a degree in a teen, hopefully they will learn their lessons, like I did, and become honorable, productive citizens.
These guys are 30 something, I cut no slack to adult thugs - And the fact that they are apparently involved in drugs/weapons violations, which I didn't even know when I declared them hoodlums, reinforces this opinion.
Yes, people judge on appearance, a fact of life that censuring on forums isn't going to change.
It isn't racial, its reality as I have come to know it growing up in an area where making snap judgments on people of all creeds & colors was essential to survive ,, And it still is.
You are in a rough area of town and you need some gas early one summers night, I'd suggest you not stop if you see guys like this lurking around.
You dull your instincts out of PC considerations, you are going to find yourself with a gun stuck in your face, like this Salvation Army major, recently shot dead in front of his kids on Xmas eve.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/25/arkansas.salvation.army.slaying/

About the "Hoodloom Priest ", the 2 are mutually exclusive, like "passive tiger", and needn't be considered.

I agree though, enough with these assumptions, facts are what is needed here.
And it doesn't seem there is much new info on this.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Since Jeff is viewing this topic, I trust that this blatant stalking, trolling and defamation needn't be reported.
Permanently ignored, I don't have the time of day to bicker with disgruntled forum boys.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Xraywolf said:
Since Jeff is viewing this topic, I trust that this blatant stalking, trolling and defamation needn't be reported.
Permanently ignored, I don't have the time of day to bicker with disgruntled forum boys.

Yes I'm getting Tired of it also.

this is why I Deleted
and am Responding Online

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:
Jeff, don't know what to tell ya.
I grew up in a rough area of Detroit, went to schools where I took chains and brass knucks to survive, and this is at just 12 years old.
I literally had to fight to survive, there wasn't anything teachers, parents or cops could do, it was all settled amongst us kids.
Like true thugs, we'd never want the cops involved in our disputes, perhaps the only code of honor practiced by thugs.
I do know a hoodlum/thug when I see one, I can look in their eyes and tell they are not fine, upstanding citizens.
I can excuse this to a degree in a teen, hopefully they will learn their lessons, like I did, and become honorable, productive citizens.
These guys are 30 something, I cut no slack to adult thugs - And the fact that they are apparently involved in drugs/weapons violations, which I didn't even know when I declared them hoodlums, reinforces this opinion.
Yes, people judge on appearance, a fact of life that censuring on forums isn't going to change.
It isn't racial, its reality as I have come to know it growing up in an area where making snap judgments on people of all creeds & colors was essential to survive ,, And it still is.
You are in a rough area of town and you need some gas early one summers night, I'd suggest you not stop if you see guys like this lurking around.
You dull your instincts out of PC considerations, you are going to find yourself with a gun stuck in your face, like this Salvation Army major, recently shot dead in front of his kids on Xmas eve.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/25/arkansas.salvation.army.slaying/

About the "Hoodloom Priest ", the 2 are mutually exclusive, like "passive tiger", and needn't be considered.

I agree though, enough with these assumptions, facts are what is needed here.
And it doesn't seem there is much new info on this.
I grew up the same way and I continue to reside here in a tough Miami town. There are at least 3 obvious problems I see here with your post.

1- You are not looking in their eyes.

2- We dont have any proof that they are involved in drugs/weapons violations but you declared them hoodlums anyway.

2- You cannot tell thugs by their looks. I used to think like you but I have learned that an ear ring, tatoo, or dreadlocks means absolutely nothing nowadays. You may not be rascist but you are wrong if you think you can judge someone by a picture. According to you, it takes a thug to know a thug. Well maybe you have lived this life so long you can see no other.

Attachments

• kids.jpg
    kids.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 496

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You can stop with the mushy stuff, saw the pic already, and obviously having kids does not automatically make someone a fine, upstanding citizen - As their pending drug/weapons cases suggests.
I've already somewhat apologized for the tone of my posts, explained my reasoning, said I would assume they were not doing anything illegal, even though in my heart I know that they were ,,, Not sure what else you want me to say, or if you just like to bicker.

I already said I don't have proof they were up to no good, you don't have proof they they weren't.
You are assuming they weren't, I am assuming they were - Might I ask what makes your assumptions more valid than mine ?
I'd hate to see a guy like you as a cop, you'd have 0 cases solved in 25 years with your PC attitude, and would be relegated to guarding a desk.

When looking at a case such as this you look at all angles, sure some people get uncomfortable with that.
A kid dies, guess whos always the 1st suspect ?
Parents, thats who.
Wife dies, husband is suspect #1, instantly.
Is that fair ? Maybe, maybe not, but thats just the way it is, because [normal] humans are suspicious creatures, and precedents and probabilities means everything.

In order of probability, I'd have to say they were either:

* Involved in a drug deal gone bad
* Waylaid by "pirates", possibly after their illicit cargo
* Lost at sea after an ill conceived attempt to visit granny

If you think law enforcement/coast guard hasn't considered these very possibilities, and more, you got another think coming.
2 30 year old guys with criminal records vanish in an area renowned for decades for heavy drug trafficking ,, Well gee, ya think anyones going to think somethings up with that ?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Im assuming you were able to get their criminal records because you keep referring to them. Please post it for us all to see. I cant bring it up without their birthdates.

No I dont like to bicker but you are just guessing if you think you can judge by a picture. You admitted to not knowing about the criminal record rumor when you came to this conclusion.

Im not saying they are not criminals because I DONT KNOW. How could I possibly know by looking at a picture? All I really know is they have family that loves them.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Couple of beautiful kids! It does not matter rather these two men were going to see grandma or running drugs, they are missing , the children missed their dads for Christmas and this rate the only hope of having them back is that they are in jail! I am praying they are in jail, at least they would be alive. Rather than pirates doing them in. Or being restless and trying to leave the island on their own! If there is ANY word on them please post it!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

To sum it all up, these 2 missing boaters have not been found and the Coast Guard called off the search.

There have been theories of criminal activity but at this point we are only guessing. There are also rumors that one man has a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge and the other a felony violation and/or weapons charge but it has not been proven and I have not heard anything about this on the news.

The family has not given up but it appears they are lost. I will leave the thread for a while longer but with nothing to add I may remove it in its entirety.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It does not matter rather these two men were going to see grandma or running drugs

Pretty disturbing statement, and its highly unlikely that those in the drug racket have nearly as much regard for their victims as you do for them.

I will leave the thread for a while longer but with nothing to add I may remove it in its entirety.

That'll really encourage people to post, so they can get their words in before they are flushed down the cyber drain.
What is the point of removing a thread ?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not all that difficult to search their criminal history.

Alicea, the guy with the cute kids you posted, has the following:

CANNABIS/POSN/0-20 MISDEMEANOR
CONCEALED F/A /CARRY FELONY
PROBATION VIOLATION MISC HOLD
CANN/SELL/DEL/PSNW/I FELONY
TRES PROP/AFTER WARN MISDEMEANOR
MARIJUANA/POSSESSION MUNICIPAL ORDINANCE

Looks like he was 1 strike away from a habitual offender sentence.

Pritchard has the following:

CANNABIS/POSN/0-20 MISDEMEANOR

http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/CaseSearch.aspx

Granted, it doesn't seem like they are terrible sociopaths, but we can safely assume that what they got caught for represents only a small fraction of illegal acts actually committed.
Also, 30 year old men with children should not be running around smoking/selling pot with handguns tucked into their wasteband, not a healthy lifestyle.

I'd like to see their employment history, if any.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

If its the same persons. Its a very large county. We dont know for certain without the birthdate. Either way its irrevelant. You already admitted to convicting these men before you did the background search. You based your opinion on looks alone. I think thats the point that upset people. You just got lucky they have a record. :D

Thanks for doing the background search. The ages seem to match. It doesnt prove they were smuggling drugs but it does show a pattern of pot smoking and carrying a gun at the wrong time. Maybe they got involved with something over their heads.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:
Looks like he was 1 strike away from a habitual offender sentence.
Not in Miami LOL. Criminals claim its the best place in the country. The charges will probably just be dropped. Ill study it when I get a chance.

Heres what I found on a Rich Alicea born in 1979. It shows 3 arrests all from the same incident/date. It sounds like a domestic dispute. How do I find the gun charge?

1st Charge- possession cannabis

2nd charge-tresspassing after warning

3rd charge -marijuana possession

Attachments

• arrest records.jpg
    arrest records.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 451

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Like it says, click on the last name to see the charges.
Then click on the case number.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Xraywolf said:
Like it says, click on the last name to see the charges.
Then click on the case number.
OK I see it, but what I see is one arrest date, withold adjudication, probation modified and a big no action. I dont think its worth the effort to look at this any further. It doesnt show career criminal in my opinion. I couldnt say he deserves to die. He wasnt convicted. We dont even know if its the same Alicea.

Ive decided to leave this thread. (not delete it) You seem to be enjoying whatever it is you are doing.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I see this thread is attracting my usual stalkers, and even though I'm not even replying to them some comments of mine are being deleted.
I have nothing further to add to this subject.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not disturbing at all if they were a couple of pot heads, they still deserve to be found! (For the Families) If they were smuggling then they can be put in jail. But find them. For someone who was bad and the Service straightened you up, you don't sound like you think anyone else can be fixed!
Almost anyone can be fixed not all but if theses are the pnly minor charges against them, they probaly can or could have been helped!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread