Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The CG was on the scene within hours of getting the report.
They dispatched a helo, landed a crew, and found nothing.

It should be noted that the pilot who is alleged to have seen these 2 and snapped the pic did not take a GPS fix on his position, and it is by no means certain exactly which island they were alleged to be on.
There are apparently dozens, if not 100's, of these small uninhabited islands in the vicinity.

I have read through most of that thread, and its not clear why the pilot didn't at least radio in an immediate pos rep, or why he sat on the info so long before notifying the CG.

There is talk that the whole sighting thing is a hoax, but like much else in this story, that cannot be confirmed.
Just another screwy element in an already screwy story.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xraywolf said:

It should be noted that the pilot who is alleged to have seen these 2 and snapped the pic did not take a GPS fix on his position, and it is by no means certain exactly which island they were alleged to be on.
There are apparently dozens, if not 100's, of these small uninhabited islands in the vicinity.

I have read through most of that thread, and its not clear why the pilot didn't at least radio in an immediate pos rep, or why he sat on the info so long before notifying the CG.

There is talk that the whole sighting thing is a hoax, but like much else in this story, that cannot be confirmed.

Thanks !

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Xraywolf said:

Thanks Xray because I havent read it all and Ill have to read it again. It is interesting thats why I posted it. I dont know about the GPS fix but obviously they have the correct island because the SOS was still partially visible in the sand a week later when the family searched..

The pilot is talking directly to the family and is trying to help in any way. He even offered to fly them to Bimini. It was originally thought he sat on the information, but not true. I heard that he reported it in the Bahamas and officials were there that night. The Coast Guard came later, exactly when is uncertain, but Bahamian rescue was supposedly there first. The family wasnt informed of the sighting and didnt know about it until they saw it on TV. Talk about some ups and downs. Ill have to re read it when I get back in town if anyone is still interested. This all has the makings of a movie if they survive the ordeal.

The rumor that they have perpetrated a hoax to disappear and avoid prison doesnt hold water because the case was closed in 2008 on Alicea and the other man was charged only with a misdemeanor. But I will keep an open mind that there could be drugs or money involved.

One thing I thought of is the burnt clothes found by the family. This sounds like foul play. I cant believe survivors would burn their own clothes to make a fire. This could be an attempt to destroy DNA evidence. The brother was carrying the bag of partially burned clothes on the plane back.

Someone should email Roxy (the mother)and invite her into our discussion.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Xraywolf said:
* I gathered that no trace of the SOS was found, maybe you read different, or maybe that is another unclear facet.
* I think any theory that they staged a vanishing act to avoid legal problems can be safely dismissed as unworthy of consideration.
* I bet you would like to have Roxy here, doesn't matter to me.
I'm sure she has had to deal with jerks worse than me, and no doubt understands that some of us have cynical, suspicious minds.

*1- I dont have time to search at this moment, but Im POSTIVE that I read that the SOS could still be partially seen in the sand. Check the links I posted from WSVN Ch 7 News... It may be found there.

*2 I agree.

*3- The ONLY reason I would like Roxy here is to get the story straight from the source. What other reason could there be? But we must realize that, in a race with time, she posted on the boaters forum a plea for help. Read back where there were a few nice people on the forum that donated their time and boat to take the family to the island. Several others including the pilot and a radio station flew family members to Bimini. She may have no reason to post here at TN.

Yes there were many comments worse than yours on the boaters forum.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Reply #28 (one week after they were reported missing).

"..speaking to the pilot himself its very clear that those two men were the guys we are missing. We are actually going to come out to the island and look around for things that were left behind and maybe we can recognize any signs of them. Richards brother & sister flew around the island on Saturday and Edwins family went out Friday, you can still see the partial S.O.S. which they took pictures of."

"We are just so confused, but still doing our best to reach out to many different contacts until we can get some answers."

quote ROXY

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I understand he pilots a chartered plane with paying passengers. He reported it upon landing which was probably only a few minutes later. The problem appears to be that he seems to have reported it to the Bahaman authorities and they were slow to notify the Coast Guard who then took another day before setting foot on the island. A person can get pretty thirsty baking in the sun without fresh water in a few days. The family says they could see where they huddled under a bush for shade. Drink saltwater and your a goner. The family of course was expecting a rescue when they saw it on the news and now they want answers. I dont blame them and I dont blame the pilot.

peacock

Oct 16, 2009
It is really hard to be judgmental. I would never want to be a judge. But, I have worked in the health field for 23 years. I answer the phone and judge. In Maine we have Mainecare, they pay little. I try to take care of these people. 20 years ago I did it for the children. And now I realize that we are all children. Take care of yourselves, first, because if you don't, you can not take care of others.
GOD BLESS! VIBERATIONS, EVOLUTION AND NATURE!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
The one picture (with the circle highlight) is a tree. The other picture with the alleged waving man...he would have to be 15-20 foot tall in comparison to the other images

:tongue3: Is the SOS Natural Too ? :tongue3:

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
jeff of pa said:
SWR said:
The one picture (with the circle highlight) is a tree. The other picture with the alleged waving man...he would have to be 15-20 foot tall in comparison to the other images

:tongue3: Is the SOS Natural Too ? :tongue3:

Yes Jeff, happens all the time on my island in Ohio. ::)

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
I was thinking what if bad guys were looking for them when they were spotted by the plane?? The bad guys could of heard on the cb or airplane type radio or boating type radio that 2 men were spotted on an island, and the location. Then the bad guys, who may of been close by, got to the men before any coast guard or law enforcement help could of reached them. If their boat sank nearby and they were able to swim to the island, that is why no boat??

We can only guess as to what happened to them. As for anything possibly criminal, that's for the law to decide. They have to be found first!!

ttyl, happy new year, skt

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
FloridaTreasureFinder said:
I was thinking what if bad guys were looking for them when they were spotted by the plane?? The bad guys could of heard on the cb or airplane type radio or boating type radio that 2 men were spotted on an island, and the location. Then the bad guys, who may of been close by, got to the men before any coast guard or law enforcement help could of reached them. If their boat sank nearby and they were able to swim to the island, that is why no boat??

We can only guess as to what happened to them. As for anything possibly criminal, that's for the law to decide. They have to be found first!!

But...the pictures do not show two men, but natural growth ???

I blew the pictures up 350%, it isn't natural growth, there is certainly 2 men there. As to what happen to them who knows now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
SWR said:

But...the pictures do not show two men, but natural growth ???

I blew the pictures up 350%, it isn't natural growth, there is certainly 2 men there. As to what happen to them who knows now.

Dude...you don't think I also enlarged the pictures, and scrutinized them before I posted my opinion?

Dude, as did I, I have no problem seeing the two boaters, the picture on the right side, boaters standing on the edge, boater on the right side is easier to see then one on the left........

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Matter what you Do The one on
the right is Obvious.
Color does Not Match the Backround.

Plus the Pilot saw them Before, & During
Taking the Picture :tongue3:

there is no doubt :D

Copy (2) of island_4_SOS.jpg Copy of island_4_SOS.jpg island_4_SOS.jpg

!!!!!!!!!Copy (2) of island_4_SOS.jpg

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking what if bad guys were looking for them when they were spotted by the plane?? The bad guys could of heard on the cb or airplane type radio or boating type radio that 2 men were spotted on an island, and the location.

It has been reported that the pilot did not make a radio report of the alleged castaways.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 50/50 on the one with the arrow Pointing at it.
Strange Position if it is

the one I Circled is an Alien From Outer Space :wink:

treewaves.jpg

The Yellow Arrow 50/50

treewaves.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll Give You This JIM

3 or 4 Giant Dalmations Sitting Watching

treewaves.jpg

But again The Pilot saw People So ....

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Missing Boaters- An Ongoing Saga of Bickering and Unsubstantiated Accusation

Wow. I visited this thread when Bigcyphuntr posted it and just came back. Its really grown. Looks to have been hi-jacked by political pirates with x-ray vision into the souls of men. It is hard to read on my screen as well.?
Maybe they will find them.

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
plehbah said:
I have not read the entire thread yet, but I am curious if anyone has raised the possibility of "total cannibalism" here.

"Total cannibalism" would be where the final survivor eats enough of himself to die, and then the remainder is carried away by crabs and gulls.

lol!! If that would of been the case, then their remains would of been found by their family. The family did make it to the island & collected some belongings of the two men.

** AND ** the bit about no reported radio call from the pilot, I didn't find that anywhere at least on this post. But with so much stuff here, I could of overlooked it!!?? I know that there is a radio that you can listen to police radio transmissions. I think it's called a police scanner. Some truckers keep one on board and listen to it. Could it be a possibility that any "bad guys" could have a scanner & listened to any coast guard, pilot, or any kind of transmissions??

skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread