mojjax reminded me of this one

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long time ago I was working for Xerox Corp. in S. Calif. One of the guys there had bought a new Honda Civic. He was constantly coming in telling everyone what kind of great gas mileage he was getting. After a few months of hearing about all the money he was saving, some of the guys decided to have a little fun with him. It started out by adding a gallon to his tank in the parking lot. Then it got to 2 or 3 gallons. After he figured he was getting about 60 miles to the gallon, and no one could hold a straight face anymore, he was finally told what had been going on. Never heard another word about his mileage. Gas was 70-some cents a gallon then; wouldn't do it now.

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
My dad pulled a prank similar to that. Only they stretched the prank out one more step. After the guy took the car into the dealer for a service check (back when cars had a "break in period"), my dad and some of his other co-workers started siphoning his tank. I don't think anybody turned against Volkswagon faster than that guy did.

Other pranks.....magic marker the lenses on welding helmets, cut boot laces (under one of the bottom eyelets so it's not noticed right away), cut the seam of the liners of coveralls that were left at work, nailed a boot to the floor once.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Ive worked in weld shops for years, seen all of the tricks! Best one some guys pulled on me when I was a youngster, I went & sat on the toilet for a while, unknowingly giving them time to set it up. We had a row of old Lincoln 220 welders against the wall, the real old ones with the cranks to adjust your amperage. My leads were on the floor, coiled up so they switched my leads with another machine, & ran the other machines cables into the coils of mine so it looked like I was still running off my machine. They cranked the amperage up to about 500 amps & scattered, waited for me to come back. I struck an arc & promptly blew a big hole in the 1/4 inch plate I was welding. I would go to my machine & turn the amps down (remember, my leads are running off another machine), return to the plate & blow another hole in it, turn down the amperage, blow another hole. Realy had me going fer a while til their laughter finaly tipped me off! Ive had the priveledge of pulling this on other rookies over the years, always gets a laugh! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions