Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday's Estate finds...

Went to an estate sale yesterday. Kind of unusual but whatever. I found a couple good things but paid for one of them. I bought a Franklin Mint Sterling silver George Washington plate. I got her down to $100 for it. It weighs 6.9 ounces, so as long as silver doesn't crash completely I did okay, they sell for a slight premium.

DSC03525.jpg

Also found a pair of L&L WMC candlesticks for $4

DSC03526.jpg

Also got this cool flintlock pistol table lighter, paid too much (by my standards) for it but I had to have it. $10

DSC03530.jpg

Last but not least was this wood w/ brass USPS post office box door bank. The best thing it is was only $5 because they didn't have the combination to it. I managed to open it in about 10 minutes. I reset the combination and now it works just fine.

DSC03528.jpg

There is only one thing wrong with it though.... It's got this god awful Florida State University plate on the top of it! F S WHO... go Gators!

DSC03529.jpg

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds ! But where are you gonna put it. LOL You're running out of room!!!
I love the lighter! Very cool.

I have scrapped a couple of similiar plates that were damaged and they are almost all silver. There was (at least on mine) a bit of foam adhesive pad between the plate and where George is.
But it made almost no difference in weight

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread