Jul 3, 2013
Rockland County, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Money Floatin' By

This wasn't me, but still pretty cool

So I was at LBI, New Jersey a few weeks ago, walking along the beach to see if anything neat had washed up when a guy runs out of the water, laughing, and saying something along the lines of "No way, 5 bucks!". I watched him run over to his friends excitedly, and him triumphantly showing off a soggy 5 dollar bill before heading back in the ocean. On his way back, I asked him if it was just floating by, to which he replied yes! Right place at the right time!:treasurechest:

:metaldetector:I had combed the beach with my detector earlier, and found $1.30 or something along those lines, along with a ton of bottle caps, nasty looking rusty nails, and pieces of wire. Felt good to get those of the beach though!

I used to walk miami beach early in the morning checking the high tide lines and seaweed. i would often find dollar bills stuck in seaweed. Most i ever found at one time was 21 dollars.

Interestingly enough, While detecting in the park yesterday, I found a 5 dollar bill sitting on the ground. This thread is lucky!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back