"Money Lights"?

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
"Money Lights"?

An interesting phenomenon is the formation at night of blue sometimes green gaseous looking lights. Supposedly, when you see one you follow it till it evaporates and then drive a stake in the ground at that spot. The theory is that there is treasure buried underneath! :thumbsup:
Several reports over the years have come in from places in Latin America and more close by --- New Orleans. I tried web searching this topic and couldn't come up with anything, but I've got books at home that talk about these intriguing night lights particularly in swampy areas and ALWAYS at night....
Has anyone else ever heard of this out there??? I'd like to read up more, but am at a standstill. Maybe they are called something else...? I know in Spanish they are known as "luz del dinero". Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
HH
-spyguy

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Re: "Money Lights"?

We had similar light reportings in a town I lived in called Oviedo, FL. The lights are seen near a bridge that spans the Econlockhatchee river. Try googling "the Oviedo Lights"

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

They seem to occur mostly in Mexico and to "someone your cousin grew up with" or "a guy from the next town", etc.

They share a great deal with good fishing. It usually happens "last week" or "maybe tomorrow".

Take pictures. We'd all love to see the effect. 'Course, it will probably just look like a hole in a shutter curtain (anyone remember 35mm SLR's?) or a time exposure of a Lil' Nemo nursery wall nightlight. :dontknow:

Heck, we don't need metal detectors. We need money light detectors! Who's on top of this?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi, this has been gone into in detail at least twice here in TN, check in the varios rooms. SWR can give you leads.

But yes, it does occur, and valuables have been found with these luminous gases. I personally was led to the almost exact location of 8 muleloads of 8 Reales from a robbery. It only needed the final precise location with my metal detector.

Don Jose de La Mancha

K

Kentucky Kache

plehbah said:
Real de Tayopa said:
Hi, this has been gone into in detail at least twice here in TN, check in the varios rooms. SWR can giver you leads.

But yes, it does occur, and valuables have been found with these luminous gases. I personally was led to the almost exact location of 8 muleloads of 8 Reales from a robbery. It only needed the final precise location with my metal detector.

Don Jose de La Mancha

There is your proof.

It is fiscally advisable that you move to the country to chase noxious swamp gas!

I think it would be an improvement for you.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plebah, any luminous gases associated with buried metal generally occurs in dry adobe soil conditions, not swamps. Those gases are from another cause entirely.

This is from my recovery, my share of the 8 mule loads of the 8 reales.
\
So yes they do exist. I would suggest that you go read those other posts first, before making any further remarks.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Attachments

• recovered cache.jpg
    recovered cache.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 8 Reales from a  treasure.jpg
    8 Reales from a treasure.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 175
  • recovered cache.jpg
    recovered cache.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 8 Reales from a  treasure.jpg
    8 Reales from a treasure.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 153
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie, I will make a deal with you, I wlll attempt to take pictures of the phenomona, if you will first take pictures of the next automobile accident in your county involving a Mercedes 300 SL "as it is happening". The same logic applies.

Don Jose de La Mancha

K

Kentucky Kache

Real de Tayopa said:
Charlie, I will make a deal with you, I wlll attempt to take pictures of the phenomona, if you will first take pictures of the next automobile accident in your county involving a Mercedes 300 SL "as it is happening". The same logic applies.

Don Jose de La Mancha

:thumbsup: :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread