moneyneedles.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 373
Upvote 0

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Yep, like dowsing rods except for metals. Don't ask me if they work because I have no idea. I am sure somebody here will tell you that they do. :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have seen a device used called a Spanish dip needle. It was hung from a thread and I believe It was Magnetised. I would equate it to a vertical compess needle suspended from a thread. It was used on a map. Did it work? I suspect that magnetic pull was the reason that it moved. Since I wasn't involved in the actual hunt, I have no idea!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago at our metal detector club meeting a guy brought in an antique Fisher metal detector. It had vacuum tubes and a wooden coil. The battery was this massive thing that was about 5 inches long. It was produced by Fisher in the 1930's. It resembled some of the machines I've seen from the 1960's. I don't remember if it had a meter. I wonder if the article may be referring to one of the first metal detectors?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread