Monthly coin show

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
monthly Hollywood Fl. Show on Aug 4 saw increased activity in all P/M groups...lots of silver bars and rounds at reduced premiums. I bought some junk silver at 15.5 but market was lower than now. ASE still at a premium, Gold Eagles in smaller sizes appearing again...I paid spot plus 2 percent on most AGE....more dealers this month and attendance is up...this is a great buy and sell show, the economy in Miami Dade is OK, tourism is strong this summer.

uncubano13

Jun 25, 2013
Wyoming, MI
Detector(s) used
Bought 2 of them from garage sales
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to pick up 40% halves from the show last weekend at $3 each! eagles were around $23 and everything was generally pretty low either way!

Herb Boyd

Apr 8, 2013
Naples Florida
Detector(s) used
4 different
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ft. Lauderdale Coin Club show 8/18 saw good crowds...premiums are still moderate to high but the Gold and Silver markets have advanced and investors feel the bottom is behind us ...I paid $23 per oz on most generic Silver bars/ rounds but had a large amount presold. The fractional gold situation has eased somewhat, lots of small Mexican Pesos and 1/10 eagles. Good demand for 90% silver, sold all I brought. Some items coming in from the public, M/D folks are doing well, I bought Gold Rings at my usual 93% of melt. Saw some nice Spanish Colonial coins, US Silver Dollars real active, collector coin market OK...I saw a dropoff in ASE sales, other dealers noticed it also. I sold out of gold nuggets...I'm willing to pay $75/dwt for 1/2 dwt and up....

OP
OP
T

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the yearly Ohio State Coin Show yesterday. This is the big once-a-year event in Columbus, OH. Lots of dealers and lots of silver available. The going rate for ASE's appeared to be $27 each. I didn't get a chance to ask about junk silver since I was busy shopping for coins for my collection and I was with a buddy of mine. My guess is that the normal high premiums were in force. I did get a chance to ask about some Mexican silver that they were selling by weight. But they wanted WAY too much for them. I'm talking $14 for a coin whose melt value was $9.25. Needless to say I passed on that "deal". I did pick up some really nice crown size coins from several different countries. They had way more foreign stuff there than they typically do at the monthly show I attend.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about right for the American Eagles TreasurePirate69 it's about the same everywhere. Wish we had some shows around here.:sadsmiley:

OP
OP
T

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the monthly coin show on Sunday. I have to say that I haven't seen so much available silver in a long time. There were piles and piles of it sitting everywhere. There were a few buyers as well but nothing out of the ordinary. Most dealers wanted 16X face for 90% coins. This was with silver at $20.28.

I broke down and bought one of those NWTM silver bullets (.45 ACP size). I paid $30 which is WAY too much but since there was no shipping cost I don't feel too bad. Plus, I've always wanted one. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions