Moochers

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I got out for the first time in months to resume my daily walks. It was about 26 and I headed out along the local Greenway when I was approached by these two shifty characters looking for a free handout. Unfortunately, my pockets were bare >:(

Moochers.JPG

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I guess the one on the left was PO'd I didn't have any food; took a snip at me as I walked away! :o

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd better 'fill those pockets' next time. ;D

Fossis..............

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muscovy, Bill. ;D Wes, be a sweetheart, next time bring a slice of bread with ya. Your pals will love you for it.

;) RR

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
How dare you leave the house without a treat for them! Did they hiss at you Wes? Dad remember Mr. Magoo? What a riot those ducks are! Great ic's Wes!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Trust me CG, I'm sure not going that way again without a snack. I was lucky to have not gotten bit and I sure don't want to get a case of "Mad Goose Disease" just as I'm recovering from your "Cyber-Crud" :o

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I empathize with you "wesfrye53". When I was on vacation in Tallahassee FL earlier this month I stopped by a park called Fred Drake which has a spot of water called Lake Ella
LakeElla.jpg

to eat lunch (between metal detecting forays). I was sitting in the SUV having my sandwich and chips when I noticed some large, darkly-mottled, Muscovy ducks approaching.
Cairina_moschata_6,_Tallahassee,_20020309.jpg

Soon there were about 10 of them surrounding the driver's side just staring at me in that psychotic, cocked-head 'I don't blink cause my eyelids are on the bottom' kind of way. It was kind of spooky cause they were completely silent and vaguely menacing. The signs all over the park said not to feed them, so I guess they were getting used to strong arm tactics. ;D

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey Cyber,

Since your are still able to post we have to assume that you looked around, saw the coast was clear, threw out the chips, and high-tailed it outta there! ::)

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wesfrye53 said:
I got out for the first time in months to resume my daily walks. It was about 26 and I headed out along the local Greenway when I was approached by these two shifty characters looking for a free handout. Unfortunately, my pockets were bare >:(

mosquito431x300.jpg
i HAVE NEVER SEEN CHICKENS LIKE THAT...lol

HERE IS A PIC OF OUR STATE BIRD IN OREGON

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
WES,
THEM BUGGERS CAN BITE!!!
Take extra food, or take a different trail.
Joe

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree next time take something with you for them, we took our granddaughter and a loaf of bread out to the duck pond off the local city lake, feed the ducks, geese, and gulls, she had a blast!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't take bread for the ducks or geese. It provides no nutrition for them. If you want to do them justice, do not feed them, they will find food on their own. Talk to you local vet or conservation office to find out what to feed them.

Hal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread