VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tennessee Trio hunted a CSA Cavalry camp today for 2.5 hours. Dman had only an hour to hunt so Josh and I carried the flag for the Trio for the duration of the short hunt.
For some reason today, the targets had a narrow field of detection but they rang good when the coil was over the center. We had the usual .69 cal. round balls, a .44 pistol ball, Gardner, and a Burnside Carbine for the bullet category. As seen in the video, Josh’s silver was a 1944 dime. The #39 cow tag on the chain was almost enough to make me pass out (again). The brass tube looking relic I dug looks like a stem from a tompion used to prevent moisture and dirt from entering the rifle barrel. Today’s finds are on the blue background.
I made a solo hunt last Friday and dug the Colt combination gun tool, carved and chewed bullet, and large brass sword belt brad. Josh made a solo hunt yesterday in a different CSA Cavalry camp and dug the relics shown including 5 really nice nose cast CS .58 cal. 3 ringers. Enjoy the video and HH from the Trio.

Attachments

• DSCN0109 (638x640).jpg
    DSCN0109 (638x640).jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 211
  • DSCN0103.JPG
    DSCN0103.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN0106.JPG
    DSCN0106.JPG
    271.9 KB · Views: 207
Upvote 6

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great hunt and video Quindy! I'm working on a new video too. Loaded all the clips last night and I've got 35 minutes! Either gotta trim it down a lot or split it into part 1 and 2.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Tn Trio" scores again ! Nice assortment of relics and a Merc silver. I always enjoy finding the knapsack rivets and hooks. You guys are on a roll. I f you got this last rain the ground is ripe for signals. Keep on digging and Happy Huntn. TnMtns

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooo Hooo another GREAT hunt from the Tenn Trio. Way to go! I enjoyed the video; when are you contacting MGM? *wink :) Breezie

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
As always, I loved it! I know that place well and I KNOW how hard it is to find anything in there. Never thought that there was still some good relics to be found there. I thought that the area around Hermitage Springs was cleaned out but you guys keep proving me wrong!!!! Good job guys. Oh, one more thing, why did D-Man dress down for this hunt? I guess that his suit is in the cleaners :laughing7:. Tennessee digger

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the hunt, guys! Nice saves!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yall keep this up and I am gonna make it "The Quad Squad" cause I am gonna follow ya like a puppy.....Just kidding. Good stuff:icon_thumright:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Guys. Some nice recoveries there from a spot that has been searched more times than Willie Nelson's tour bus.
I thought you found my I.Q. tag there for a minute. :laughing7:
You clowns had better save me a few relics to dig. I'll bring the Mighty Tesoro and show you how to dig the DEEP relics.:tongue3: Great job with the videos Quindy. Not bad for a guy that just stepped up from Polaroid.
I know you have missed me busting your chops here on T-net. :icon_thumleft:
Congrats on the CW tampon stem Buddy.
-MM-

Last edited:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really liked the video Quindy, alot of great relic's, ya gotta watch those cow tags they 'll lie to ya...lol.............HH

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds guys. It's relic season in Tennessee....I'm sure you boys will make the most of it!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on another bombastic CW Relic scavenger hunt Tenn Trio .. searched more than Willie Nelson's tour bus :laughing7: only Dug can come up with this comment .. looks like he is in rare form and ready to get back to hunting giant land serpents .. MM take it easy on my buddy , Quindy , he thought he had a CSA buckle until that cow tag # 39 came out of the dirt :BangHead:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves Q!! Keep it up.. HH

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt guys, Tenn is still full of good Relic we just have to work hard to get them. HH.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Richard (Old Stonewall), good luck and we await your new video(s).

TnMtns (Richard), a good soaker would help us a bunch.

I don't think MGM will be calling anytime soon Breezie.

Donnie, Dapper Dman's wardrobe declines with the temperature-LOL.

Thanks Matt, TNG, & FS.

MM, glad to see you back but it appears your stay in the sanitarium did no good-LOL.

Those cow tags do cause a rush Greg.

Steve, we are going to stay after those relics.

You tell MM how it is Dawg!!

G2D, this particular camp has been beat to death as had most of our recent sites.

JR, this camp had TN, KY, & Texas cavalry in and out of there. Send me a pm with your ancestor's regiments.

Thank to all for looking!!!

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great hunt Congrats everyone!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great video Quindy. Great recoveries. Did that Burnside bullet have stars on it? We are waiting for deer season to get over with so we can hunt a couple new camps that are deep in the woods. Don't know if I will be able to get out before I leave for DIV next week. Hope to get some good Confederate finds there. I usually get some there. Also I noticed the SCV logo on the monument in the opening. Did the local camp put the monument up. I belong to the Longstreet/Zollicoffer Camp 87 in Knoxville. I have over 30 ancestors (counting uncles and cousins) that fought for Virginia and one was captured at the Battle of Nashville and taken to Camp Chase as POW. I have his enlistment papers and POW papers.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No stars on that one Randy and I have never dug one with stars that I recall. The local Gen. Robert H. Hatton SCV Camp #723 in Lebanon along with a local committee (of which I was a member too) sponsored a reenactment of the Hartsville Battle here in 1997. The proceeds were used to purchase the monument. Good luck at DIV. HH, Quindy.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff Quindy! Man you got a knack for finding those gun tools.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Great thread and video,

What is that song in the beginning? Really was enjoying listing to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread