More drama from MikeOfAustin: TP the Trees

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So I'm watching TV at 3:30am last night (this morning). I hear what sounds like bass speakers in a car outside. I walk out back to peek over the fence and see some idiot high-school kids toilet papering someones trees across the street from me (they were sitting in a truck and watched from the running vehicle while 1 kid did the whole thing). I watch for a second and then they say, "Go for the front door.... the Front DOOR".... The kid starts skipping toward the front door and I say out loud, "Hey, How's it going? Doing O.k.?" The kid stops his progresses to the front door, looks around at me with the most dumb-founded look of "Duhhh... I'm dumb". And I then say, "Just want you to know I have your license plate number... Yep, I have your description and your license plate number". He jumps in the back of the truck and the peal out of there very quickly.

I didn't really have the license plate number, but I did call the cops and to my knowledge, I have no idea if they were caught or not. But I called the house up the next day and explain what I saw, and that perhaps the high school kid that lived their knew the kids that were responsible. I gave a great description of the kid and the truck.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that as they were driving away, I heard the kid say "Well we got your license plate too".

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time of year our entire turnaround looks like toilet paper trees.........so this year we hired a spy and we sat on our roofs with waiting garden hoses, water ballons, and eggs!..........."We won!" :laughing7:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you're gonna have to sit up and watch to protect your property. :laughing7:
I wouldn't have let the punks know that I had seen them. 8)

Good Luck, Friend!

Scott

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
AU24K said:

Good Luck, Friend!

Scott

Good point... I actually have a little system set up outside to let me know when anyone is in my yard. My only worry is, what will I do when I wake up at 4am and find them outside? Do I break their legs, do I beat them to a bloody pulp, or do I just say, "Hey, I got your license plate". Hmmmm... Waking up in the middle of the night is not something that lends itself to rational thinking.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mikeofaustin said:
AU24K said:

Good Luck, Friend!

Scott

Good point... I actually have a little system set up outside to let me know when anyone is in my yard. My only worry is, what will I do when I wake up at 4am and find them outside? Do I break their legs, do I beat them to a bloody pulp, or do I just say, "Hey, I got your license plate". Hmmmm... Waking up in the middle of the night is not something that lends itself to rational thinking.

If I was to set something up, I'd use a combo of video cameras and strategically placed speakers which could selectively broadcast appropriate sound bites.

The sound bites could be a pump shotgun being locked and loaded, a dog's growl, 'Police, freeze!', bigfoot howl, or any other appropriate clip. With the proper sounds activated in the proper sequence, you could use their own fears against them without ever exposing yourself to any danger, or risking mistakes due to a foggy brain. :dontknow:

Could always use the direct PA mode, I guess, too. :wink:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
The Beep Goes On said:
mikeofaustin said:
AU24K said:

Good Luck, Friend!

Scott

If I was to set something up, I'd use a combo of video cameras and strategically placed speakers which could selectively broadcast appropriate sound bites.

The sound bites could be a pump shotgun being locked and loaded, a dog's growl, 'Police, freeze!', bigfoot howl, or any other appropriate clip. With the proper sounds activated in the proper sequence, you could use their own fears against them without ever exposing yourself to any danger, or risking mistakes due to a foggy brain. :dontknow:

Could always use the direct PA mode, I guess, too. :wink:

I would love it if that stuff were legal, AKA: If I set something up that automated shooting someone that broke into my house (illegal), versus me personally shooting them personally (legal).

Sadly, the law says I have to be there personally to shoot the people that break into my house. Being that these are just kids, I would surely go outside and ...hmmm... it depends if they were TPing my yard or not. If it were my yard?, I'd probably tackle one of them, take their cell phone or wallet and let them go, and tell the cops that they dropped it on their escape.

I've read stories before where people (law abiding citizens) made a citizens arrest and they themselves were charges with something, just because they were minors.... So, I've learned that if minors are involved, tackle them, take their contents, let 'em go and then call the cops. I'll have proof of kids tp'ing my yard, and at the same time, lost their wallet/cell phone while they were escaping.

Gotta know how to work the law....

EDIT: and at the same time, leave a welp on their face because they "must have fell down". Yes, officer, they must have fell down.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...I didn't say anything about shooting anyone or even being outside...that was the point. Nothing illegal in what I proposed.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
The Beep Goes On said:
Hmmm...I didn't say anything about shooting anyone or even being outside...that was the point.

Yep, sorry... I think my posts regarding to this particular topic brings the worst out in me because it happens in my neighborhood. I hate that. Sorry. Just my anger involved. For what it's worth, I just hate my own neighborhood being turned into a toilet. I'm sorry for my anger, I just wish it didn't happen.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
So ironically, I was upstairs in office around 8:30pm tonight, saw some kids pull up to my house outside, get out, one used the bathroom on my fence line. I stuck my head out and asked him what he was doing, and he told me. Darn kids. Oh, I failed to mention that as they got out, one went to the trunk of the car, already carrying a dinner plate, opened the trunk and put it in a book bag he retrieved from the trunk. This was while he was on the phone saying, "10 Bucks? thats kind of nothing dude". They left the car there and walked down the street out of sight to return 15 minutes later and leave.

I think I'm about to go mad-cow on these kids... or at least vent here about it.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee whiz - killjoys!

It's toilet paper on some trees, for crying out loud. (that's where the tp originally came from) I can think of a whole lot more crap that kids could get into - when they are still into things like Halloween stunts, they are not out somewhere giving drugs to elementary school kids, or robbing the houses, or worse.

Sorry - but I did the tp thing when I was a kid, and I flew my mother's bra on the flagpole at the courthouse, and draped her underwear on the two cannons, and quarantined my highschool for head lice, dropped a few eggs here and there and soaped a few windows from time to time and place to place. Whoooooppppeeeeeeee!

I guess some folks never had a childhood with anything more exciting than video games or some other boring activities. :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread