New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Illinois Democrats Back Down On Gun Grab

Bill that would have banned 80% of handguns fails
January 7, 2013

A draconian gun ban in Illinois that could have set the stage for a nationwide assault on second amendment rights has failed, with lawmakers indicating that new gun control legislation is unlikely to make an appearance in the final days of the lame duck session.

Although a vote that if carried would have banned 50% of rifles and 80% of handguns owned by Illinois citizens was set to take place Sunday afternoon, State Rep. Elaine Nekritz surprised many by announcing there would be no debate on gun control.

Rep. Dwight Kay, R-Glen Carbon was surprised by the announcement, which was met by cheers from firearms enthusiasts who attended the House Judiciary Civil Law Committee meeting, telling the Belleville News-Democratthat he thought the bill had the votes to pass.

“It sounded to me like they were a little apprehensive about trying to move this bill today,” Kay said. “I find that rather curious, because I think they have the votes to pass it.”

However, despite Nekritz’ assertion that a gun ban was now off the legislative agenda, the Illinois State Rifle Association warned second amendment supporters to “be on guard” until the session ends on Wednesday.

“Also, be advised that the newly elected legislature, the 98th General Assembly, gets gaveled into action on Wednesday as well. With several pro-gun stalwarts leaving the legislature, and several brand new gun grabbers to contend with, the next session of the General Assembly promises to be turbulent times for law-abiding gun owners,” states an ISRA press release.

Lawmakers were undoubtedly nervous about attempting to pass the gun ban because of the deluge of opposition they received from gun owners over the course of the last week.

Attention now shifts to California Senator Dianne Feinstein’s gun control legislation at the national level, which islikely to be introduced on January 22.

As we have previously highlighted, Feinstein’s bill would not only ban a plethora of different firearms, it would also require all gun owners to register the serial numbers of all their guns with the federal government as well as their fingerprints, treating anyone who owns a firearm as akin to a sex offender.

A petition to try Feinstein in court for treason against the Constitution has now surpassed 26,000 signatures, mandating an official White House response within 30 days.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is good news, I would love to see feinstine tried for treason!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
By rights,any of them that supported anything thats unconstitutional should be held and tried for treason:occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all know that's not going to happen, but a million signatures on the petition would be a wake up call for Feinstine.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Where do I sign?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
80 million would be better. 26,000 is a pretty feeble advertisement! What exactly does an "official response from the white house" actually consist of? Just curious.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
80 million would be better. 26,000 is a pretty feeble advertisement! What exactly does an "official response from the white house" actually consist of? Just curious.

Inaction or lies....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Hmm ok thanks. And 26,000 + you when you find out where, bother signing to get that? Weird!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hmm ok thanks. And 26,000 + you when you find out where, bother signing to get that? Weird!

I think you meant to say why bother to sign.....same reason you were asking everyone if they went to Illinois to protest. Silence is surrender you know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread