more key date carnage

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
I posted a while back with photos of some key date coins that I have found..........all trashed. The legacy continues with this key (OK, maybe semi key) 1896 barber half. BTW, this is what coal does to a silver coin (if you ever wondered)..............Photo is after cleaning. You should see the 1901 S qtr I found about a year ago:'(. Not complaining. I guess the metal detecting gods can smile on you AND get a good laugh at the same time.

Attachments

• 040608 001.jpg
    040608 001.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 424
  • 040608 002.jpg
    040608 002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice filler coin for the collection,

HH

Joe G

Dec 3, 2004
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, GREAT find. 2nd'ly, that's a perfect pic! What do you use for lighting? It's really a great shot. Nice color and great balance of lighting.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHH NO! I wouldn't complain about finding that coin! :o Awesome find, Rebel!!

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
rebelLT

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
Joe. I use a standard house lamp with a 40 w bulb and a brass lamp shade. The lamp is smaller and can be moved nearer to the items I photograph. I use the red material in the background for contrast and to absorb light. I dont use any flash at all. I have found that the flash usually is a bad thing in photos. I using external lighting and set the digital camera to a closeup setting. The picture I see in the veiwfinder is usually the picture I get with the camera. Flash will always screw up the pic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread