More Pics Of Can Cun

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
While we were there we took an interesting day tour to a fascinating place called XCARET. #1 pic is an old Mayan burial ground that has been painted to show it better. #2 is a little tour boat on the river that only floats on part of the river because the rest of it goes undergroundand is open for swimming. We did it. It was about a 2 1/2 hour swim with life jackets to hold you up and the slow currentwill carry you along. It is close quarters and surrounded by rockwith a rounded ceiling like a long tube. there were some lights strung along the top so it was partially light. Also there were about 4 places where those that couldn't take the closed in feeling could get out. One escape place we could look up and see the ceiling in the building thathad been built around the opening.Also, while in there we could talk to the swimmers in the river below. #3 pic shows the ceiling. On the walk back to the lockers to get our clothes we went into the building to take a pic of the ceiling. That underground swim was a most interisting and unusual experience. #4 is a banana palm on an island that was in the middle of the swimming pool at our condo. The Hot Tub was on the island and every time we were in the hot tub we would see this tree. One of the restaurants there was canned Tha BUBA GUMP SHRIMP CO. The waitresses were dressed up as Super Heroes.This was what our cute little waitress looked like. Hope you enjoy the views. Ray

Attachments

• vacation cancun 110.jpg
    vacation cancun 110.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 434
  • vacation cancun 103.jpg
    vacation cancun 103.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 421
  • vacation cancun 042.jpg
    vacation cancun 042.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 417
  • vacation cancun 135.jpg
    vacation cancun 135.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 426
  • vacation cancun 263.jpg
    vacation cancun 263.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 421
OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Somehow the paragraphs got all together. I had them seperated. I was going to try and seperate them but would probably mess it up worse LOL

Ray

S

seger98

karenray08 said:
Somehow the paragraphs got all together. I had them seperated. I was going to try and seperate them but would probably mess it up worse LOL

Ray

That's ok Ray, was able to read it ok, Beautiful place you were at! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Hello, rmptr, They use a lot of bright colors on everything they paint. It does make things a lot more visable and interesting. Thanks for your reply.

Hi there, seger98,
There is so much beauty all over the place down there. Especially in all the tourist areas. It's a greay place to visit.
Thanks for your complement.
Ray

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a 'Great Vacation' Ray, thanks for sharing your pic's with us.

Fossis................

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Yup. Fossis it sure was a great vacation. There is so many new interesting things to see and do. And tha weather was
just perfect every dayfor the whole two weeks.

Thanks for your reply.

Ray

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first pic looks facinating, I would like to walk around there..Looks a beautiful place for a vacation.
Thanks for sharing with us hon.

Molly.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
to bbqbulland Camperlee, Thanks for your nice repliesTo Muddy Feet and Bridge End Farm, Yup, she was a pretty good looking super girl and fun to joke with. Bridge, I've kinda neglected to get one of me with my machine. LOL.Molly, That burial ground had colorfull stones and monuments all around and it was quite a site to see. I'm posting two more views of it for you. I hope you like them. I lost a couple that were taken on other sides.

Ray

Attachments

• vacation cancun 109.jpg
    vacation cancun 109.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 274
  • vacation cancun 113.jpg
    vacation cancun 113.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 292

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As graves yards go, thats the nicest I have ever seen. I like the fact they are all different.
Again, I would like to walk round, take a better look.
Thanks for posting more pics for me Ray.

Molly.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I saw in the last picture you had some bananas, you didn't bring any of those banana spiders back did you??

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Molly, You are welcome. I am sure you would like to walk around this mound. It was really quite a sight because of such variety of colors and shapes. So much to look at in one small area. It was pretty expensive to get into that place but it was worth the money and i am glad we did we did it.

Hello Sniffer, No we did not bring back any spiders with us. LOL JUst a few good pictures and some great memories.
Thanks for your your reply.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A long time ago, in a country far, far away, I sat below a banana tree, taking a break from the patrol. In the blink of an eye, a centipede about a foot long, scooted up and over my pant leg and back into the decaying leaves. We finished the patrol without further incident. TTC

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Wow, TTC, That was a good sized centipede. I've never seen any that big, but that suits me just fine,. LOL I know in those warm climates, bugs and other undesireable things can get pretty big.
This group of bananas was hanging almost overhead when we were in the Hot Tub. There were a couple other Palms and some pretty flowers all on an island in the middle of their pool and accessable by a bridge. All told, a beautiful setting.

Thanks for looking and for your interesting reply. Happy Hunting.

Ray

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic! I always wondered what happened to Super Girl! I had one of those foot long centipedes over my head, you don't want that! The only thing you have to fear is fear it's self and foot long centipedes.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Yup, Jimb

You are right, you hat the nail right on the head. LOL

Thanks for your remarks.