More railroad finds

Neildo85

Feb 19, 2014
Southern ILL
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 1500 (inherited from grandpa)
Marksman(cheap gift from wife)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay I did not find these today but they are from my visit to the depot a few days ago. 1 spike, 1 plate and 9 metal reinforcements for railroad ties. At first all I could find was the reinforcements, but I did not give up and finally found the plate. When I was filling my hole I saw the spike I had flipped out of the hole. I now have more than a dozen each of spikes and plates and plenty "s" and "c" shaped pieces. I just might make a nice display to hang on the wall with a spike, a plate, a border made from reinforcements and also a picture of the old depot which is no longer standing.(It was gone before I was born.) all finds.jpg square plate.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will make a nice looking display.
Congrats on your finds! Hope you find a dated spike!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the areas I hunt has the remains of tracks through it . I didn't grasp any of the reinforcements but I dug up about 10 spikes, and was able to pull 3 from some of the ties. I had them in my side pouch, that was one of the heaviest walks back to the car I can remember.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you could get enough of those - you could put them on a really cool looking shed or barn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread