Buddy found this

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend found this yesterday, i know it has something to do with women stuff. Looks to be pretty old.

Front and back of it.

IMG_0196(1).jpg IMG_7825.jpg

Upvote 5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably. Congrats to the finder!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like it could possibly be silver. Have you checked it for markings?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fort A; That is a beautiful Victorian Gold Filigree Brooch with Natural Topaz. It's my birthstone. The Topaz appears to be a tangerine in color.That is the most sought after color for Topaz. Have it appraised. That stone can be worth some bucks ok. Be sure to let us know what they say ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fort A; That is a beautiful Victorian Gold Filigree Brooch with Natural Topaz. It's my birthstone. The Topaz appears to be a tangerine in color.That is the most sought after color for Topaz. Have it appraised. That stone can be worth some bucks ok. Be sure to let us know what they say ok. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

told him it might be an orange topaz (my birth stone too) - on another forum
mentioned it was probably Victorian too - told him to take it to a jeweler - an antique jeweler

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find..unique !!!

Definitely get it looked by local jeweller.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very similiar to one I found back in '09. Different stone and setting, but same size.

Attachments

• 5-24-2009 Brooch with blue gem.jpg
    5-24-2009 Brooch with blue gem.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 146

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go crazy if I found something like that. Too cool. :thumbsup: Congrats to the finder!

OP
OP
Fort A

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I told him what you guys said about it so hes taking it this weekend to get it checked out. Thank you.

OP
OP
Fort A

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go crazy if I found something like that. Too cool. :thumbsup: Congrats to the finder!

Yea me too. I have yet to find any silver or stuff like that. But i've only been in it for a few months. The thing is i'm still hunting the old civil war camp sites but i have a couple old house places i got to check out when i get around to it. I'm still looking for that box of guns they buried. :thumbsup:

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find ! gz! :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S6500D using Tapatalk 2

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way too big for a topaz, most likely citrine or glass on a brass frame. It is costume jewelry although older costume jewelry. The back of the stone exhibits abrasion wear and topaz is a hardness of 8 on the Mohs scale and will not show any wear. Looking more closely at the back of the stone it appears to be glass. It is a cool find, but not gold and topaz. Looks more 30s-40s too me, the work isn't a finely defined as Victorian era pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread