More river relics

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went down to the river to MD some relics.
Blue Ball Mason
Clay Marble
Worn horseshoe
Bullet
And most interesting a large rubber army vehicle made by the Sun Rubber Company out of Barberton Ohio. I am guessing WWII vintage.
IMG_4897.JPG
IMG_4898.JPG
IMG_4900.JPG
IMG_4901.JPG
Thanks for looking

Upvote 19

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Sun Rubber "Scout" vehicle. Wow, congrats on that one. Modeled after a WW2 vehicle, they were produced in the 1950's and Sun Rubber competed with Auburn Rubber for the "rubber" toy market. HH, Sub :headbang:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some very cool finds. Love the old Mason jar. Clay Marbles ROCK! That old military jeep thingy is radical! Well done with the machine and your eyeballs!:headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I like marbles, and toys and mason jars... dang man, a couple of silver coins and a skeleton key and you would have all of my favorites!

Very well done sir!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A rubber ducky has nothing on that bad boy! Very cool find, it's one of those "I don't see one of those everyday kind of finds" For myself it's the first time I have even heard of them, so the cool meter is on high.:icon_thumright:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The old rubber toys I remembered where very hard rubber, I guess they needed to be to hold up to kids like me and my brother. very cool. clay marbles are one of the simplest forms of child entertainment from the past that manage to survive as evidence that kids played. no telling how many very "serious" games were played with that marble, there always seemed to be a marble shark that dominated an area. As a kid, you strived hard to be one yourself, there was nothing worse than losing all your marbles to someone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread