More sandbar finds - silver ring and nice Buffalo

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Went back to re-hunt one of the sandbars today. No silver coins, but I did spot a little sterling friendship ring just laying in a little puddle of water. Didn't even need the metal detector for that one. It cleaned up nicely in the rock tumbler. Also found one of my best Buffalo nickels. It was only about an inch deep in the wet sand. It read in the exact spot on the Explorer's screen where it was supposed to read. Also found a couple of stray wheaties (1912 and 1951-D). And the usual sinkers, bullets, keys, etc.

The Ring: 8-28 finds 002.JPG

The Buffalo and wheaties:

8-28 finds 003.JPG8-28 finds 004.JPG

The rest of the stuff: (The pocket watch frame is golden colored around the edge. It's not marked. Could be gold plate, but it's probably brass.)

8-28 finds 001.JPG

Upvote 0
Wow, that buffalo cleaned up purdy!! :o GREAT ring too!

Nana :)

B-boy,
That is a lead sinker. Not shaped like most sinkers. It's bigger and heavier. The markings on it mean nothing. Probably formed by air pockets when the lead was molded.
Bob

Sweet find's Bob....Buff is buff.What did you use in the tumbler to clean the ring?I'd be afraid of scratching it all up.HH!!

Civilman,
Aquarium gravel, water and a couple squirts of Ajax Lemon dish washing liquid.
Bob

Sweet Buff in really great shape. Not a bad day at all.

Nice Buffalo nickel! I'm still waiting for one. :( Sweet silver ring too. Those sand bars are really paying off big time.

Thank's......... ;)

:D Nice bunch of finds there, Bob.
That ring is great but that 1925 Buff just makes the day a GREAT one!
HH

Desertfox

That Buff is in outstanding shape. Most I find are rough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back