excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same person hit my local park over the winter. I must have pulled over 300 out so far.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know sometimes the Canadians throw them in the water over here, for good luck. :BangHead:
Yeah, after I've dug about my 27th penny, I move on looking for the sinkers and quarters area. :laughing7:
We've been so sanded in, some days I resorted to digging nulls! :BangHead:

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop, how about a dream machine that vaporizes morons? :laughing7:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hit a line of 49 pennies on Waikiki Beach one night...I never found the 50th. Kept me awake all night trying to figure out how I could have missed the 50th!

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out where they live and do them one better,throw BBs.:laughing7:
A local park here that. Has been good to me
I guess someone got pissed because I took the honey hole. ...
They loaded it up with BBs???

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
This is to the person that came down to Naples Fl. on Vacation and couldn't find anything and got mad and filled the water with PENNY. Would you want some one to do this to your beach, I think not. Don't be a MORON. Leave the beaches and water as clean as you found it.

How do you know that it was someone on vacation? Or that they were detecting and didn't find anything?

Maybe they lost a ring and marked the location with pennies.

Maybe they saw someone detecting below the high tide mark, know that the laws do not allow digging below the high tide mark.

Some other reason?

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worse: There is no more treasure!

If conditions were ideal, It could be the result of a gathering of Leprechauns using CTX 3030 metal detectors with the discriminator
set to reject pennies. Since they have taken all the gold to replenish their chest at the end of the rainbow, and other goodies for mischief all that is left is pennies and trash.

This is to the person that came down to Naples Fl. on Vacation and couldn't find anything and got mad and filled the water with PENNY. Would you want some one to do this to your beach, I think not. Don't be a MORON. Leave the beaches and water as clean as you found it.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of details for some pennies, maybe someone just threw some cents!

OP
OP
ron lord

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you know that it was someone on vacation? Or that they were detecting and didn't find anything?

Maybe they lost a ring and marked the location with pennies.

Maybe they saw someone detecting below the high tide mark, know that the laws do not allow digging below the high tide mark.

Some other reason?
This is not a State Park !! You can hunt above or below the high tide mark. The first area is about 300' by 1200' and the other place is 300' by 3000' With about 200 old cruddy penny some new, in each area. Both area's are well hunted and has been do before in the summer time .

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carry a camera next time, waterproof cameras are reasonable. Would be nice to attach a face to the actions.

Last edited:

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Florida Public Archaeology Network - Frequently Asked Questions

As for metal detecting in the water, all lands that are below the mean high water line are considered State sovereignty submerged lands and, while it is not against the law to possess a metal detector in the water, it IS against the law to disturb the bottom sediments. So, if something is detected, it would be illegal to dig for it.

Frequently Asked Questions - About Us - Florida Division of Historical Resources

Q: Is metal detecting prohibited on state property?
A: Metal detecting on State land is generally prohibited with few exceptions. Many public beaches allow metal detecting between the high tide line and the toe of the dune.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a fav beach that in one area someone did that - but I think it was a wise-azz bch goer that probably saw th'er one day and said next time they went they were going to throw a roll or two out - I would go thru and get a dozen like everytime I went there in that one spot and Id get sick of it and move on - others would too - ended up a local guy said he would just skip over that area
I decided one day to clean them all out - paid off - got a gold ring amongst them

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, ive had it happen a couple of times....no fun but I dig um and move on. We know the laws and every one ofthe high volume beaches have cops.... no ones been arrested. But for those of u who want to stay out of the water...... works for me...how about u Ron?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! Man o man.. I watched one day as one of the biggest idiots I've ever seen threw thousands of stainless steel ball bearings all over a beach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread