motion / non-motion detectors

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motion doesn't have the depth of a good non motion detector and a true all metal mode, by the sheer fact its not been messed with to the same degree in passing through the detector can tell you things that a discrimination mode, even one used at a minimum setting to emulate a true all metal mode, can't.

OP
OP
D

Discrimination Dave

Sep 18, 2008
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Brian. i understand what you are saying. Ill set up a test bed and keep in mind what you said. I keep avoiding the non motion because it seems really hard to pinpoint or even understand the sound.
I will need some depth for a hunt i am planning for friday.
Thanks again.

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tejon in all metal with the threshold hum is way more sensitive. It works best in this mode if your site has very few targets because it will pick up everything. You also have to keep it balanced.
-Swartzie

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....................................Non Motion rules in my book......... :thumbsup:.........................................................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread