MOVIE QUOTES

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Sherm, "I'll think about that tomorrow" - (Gone With The Wind)

or

"that'll be the day" -every John Wayne movie

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Terminator
"You still don't get it.
He'll find her.
That's what he does.
All he does...
You can't stop him. He'll
wade through you...
...reach down her throat, and
pull her freaking heart out..."

The Return of the King
PIPPIN: "I didn't think it would end this way . . ."
GANDALF: "End? No, the journey doesn't end here.
Death is just another path, one that we all
must take.
The grey rain curtain of this world rolls
back and all turns to silver glass . . .
and then you see it . . ."
PIPPIN: "What, Gandalf? See what?"
GANDALF: "White shores ... And beyond . . . A far green
country under a swift sunrise."

The Empire Strikes Back
VADER: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
~~~~
LUKE: "I don't... I don't believe it."
YODA: "That is why you fail."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
FATHER: "But I don't want to think I've not lost a son, so much as... gaineda daughter!
For, since the tragic death of her father--"
GUEST: "He's not quite dead!"
FATHER: "Since the near fatal wounding of her father--"
GUEST: "He's getting better!"
FATHER: "For, since her own father, who, when he seemed about to recover,
suddenly felt the icy hand of death upon him."
BRIDE'S FATHER: "Uugh!"
GUEST: "Oh, he's died!"

HH!
TBGO

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cool Hand Luke (my husband says this one) "What we have here is a failure to communicate"

One Star Wars movie (can't remember which) Yoda says to Luke "Do or do not, there is no try"

Cheryl

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Blazing Saddles - "Its twue, its twue".

Animal House - "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor".

Married with Children (ok, its not a movie) - "Who's got the neighborhood women shaving their mustaches".

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
"You don't understand! I could've had class, I could've been a contender, I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am," Terry Malloy (Marlon Brando) – “On the Waterfront” (1954) Columbia

"Fasten your seatbelts, It's going to be a bumpy night,"- Margo Channing (Bette Davis) – “All About Eve” (1950) Twentieth Century Fox

Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!" – Gold Hat (Alfonso Bedoya) in “The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre” (1948) Warner Bros.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
One of my favorites-

Mr. Praline: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

Owner: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

Mr. Praline: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

Owner: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!

Mr. Praline: Look, I took the liberty of examining that parrot when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

Owner: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that bird down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Mr. Praline: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this bird wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

Owner: No no! 'E's pining!

Mr. Praline: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!
THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"I made him an offer he couldn't refuse"

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
Band of Brothers...

Lt., "The Germans are about to cut the main road south...looks like your going to be surrounded!"

Capt. Winters, "Were paratroopers Lt., were suppost to be surrounded!" 8)

T

TreasureTales

John Wayne in The Cowboys: "A big mouth don't make a big man."

T

texas hunter

My all time favorite, from Jerimiah Johnso, when aked about his long trip - "Wer it worth the trouble?"--reply--"Eh, what trouble ?"

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top Gun: Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Tears of the Sun: Rules of engagement? We're already engaged.

mad max

Jul 2, 2006
Ohio
A Bridge Too Far--"As you can imagine, its hard to stop tanks with rifles, and machine guns."
The Beast--When out of comission-become a pillbox,when out of ammo-become a bunker-when out of time-become heroes"
Kellys Heroes--Will you stop with the negitive waves Moriarity"!!
Breakfast Club--"Look, I can see you getting all bunged-up because your parents make you wear these clothes, but face it, youre a neo-maxi-zoon dweebie"!!
Blues Brothers--"this is glue--strong stuff"
Apocalypse Now--Never get off the boat"!!
Road Warrior--Gotta hand it to ya trash, last of the V-8 interceptors--piece of history. Woulda been a shame to blow it up"
Mad Max--'Phase four heads, nitro, twelve to one, shes mean, shes set to music, and the b****is born to run"

T

TreasureTales

Just remembered another one: from Network "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore." (Referring to the crap on network news programs.)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
texas hunter said:
My all time favorite, from Jerimiah Johnso, when aked about his long trip - "Wer it worth the trouble?"--reply--"Eh, what trouble ?"

One of my Favs too!

Jerimiah Johnson burned at night while sleeping: "Didn't put enough dirt down... saw it right off."

Jerimiah Johnson finds Hatchet Jack: "I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my rifle to the next thing who finds it, Lord hope he be a white man. It is a good rifle, and killeth the bear that killeth me. Anyway, I am dead. Sincerley, Hatchet Jack."

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"
Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself.
But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world,
and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya, punk?

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" Go ahead. Make my day! " Dirty Harry

" Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! " Gone With The Wind

" Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."
Forrest Gump

" Houston, we have a problem." Apollo 13

" Lions and tigers and bears, Oh my!" The Wizard of Oz

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread