ACduCE

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Mallorca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am moving on from hand-held beach detecting to wreck salvage. I know where wrecks are from my shrimping days and am in the first stages of setting up the legal work to search, identify, salvage and KEEP the proceeds.

I have been following the Central America fiasco and am not going to end up like Tommy Thompson sitting in a detention cell with Odyssee Marine hoisting the treasure he found.

I will be offering start-up shares probably in June when I return back to Fl. and get the legal work posted and in place. Contact me in the Private Post. ACduCE

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I am moving on from hand-held beach detecting to wreck salvage. I know where wrecks are from my shrimping days and am in the first stages of setting up the legal work to search, identify, salvage and KEEP the proceeds.

I have been following the Central America fiasco and am not going to end up like Tommy Thompson sitting in a detention cell with Odyssee Marine hoisting the treasure he found.

I will be offering start-up shares probably in June when I return back to Fl. and get the legal work posted and in place. Contact me in the Private Post. ACduCE
ACduCE, Three questions. #1 Where were you a shrimping in Florida. ie... gulf, key west, jacksonville?
#2. Do you have snag numbers?

#3. You say you are going to start up, once you return to Florida. According to another post yesterday. You were in Florida Metal detecting the beaches. Did you leave Florida already?

Vero Bch

Went to Vero on 3-7-15 for handheld search with Minelab and White's. Strong weather conditions perfect for hunting, N. E. wind 20-25, seas 5-6 ft. super cuts on bch, 3-5 ft. sounds good
huh.gif
?
The bch. renourishment project is now down past Wabasso so forget it for god knows how many years to come.
went to the museum and they exhibited last summers find (1) -small pottery shard.
If you can't blow holes forget it.
Didn't go down Coast to Doiuglas but stayed at the Breakwater in Vero and the bch. project hadn't got that far yet so that's the deal there.
I found a 92.5 chain with a dbl. heart pendant at Turtle Bch Park access with red hair still on the chain so I guess it's not from the Plate Fleet. Son with Minelab found a little clad which with sand conditions was a miracle​

OP
OP
A

ACduCE

Greenie
Nov 9, 2014
Mallorca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A week at Wabasso- heavy sanded in. Nothing up high and very rough down on the edge. Hunters doing ok on hot spots. Hard to make much out of it after beach renourishments, is the shell layer next to the wall native or pumped? Maybe the big NE' era this week will move some sand.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to tell on the shell layer by the wall. I've seen some that is from inland pits which is where the sand came from. Sand was trucked not dredged after the economic catastrophe that started in 2007 so the $$$ could be kept local. Even though it was more expensive for the contract to be filled by trucking. Supposedly the trucked sand was suitable and met the requirements but after starting, the sand proved to be too dense and compact making it difficult for turtles to dig for nesting. The composition was supposedly corrected.

Down low on some of the highest cuts on the wall it seems natural tan/brown/yellow coarse shell but multiple layers above that makes me think some of it is past re-nourishment. I usually look at the type/age/density of the vegetation growing above the sand to get an idea of how new the sand in the area might be.

Turtle Trail area is the only area I know of without current renourishment but that will probably change since they wont put that on hold forever. Delayed from last fall because of access shortcomings is what I've heard.
PP55

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread