Much Better Than Digging 5,000 Lincoln Cents...!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
l just scored my biggest U.S. paper money eyeball $urface so far. :thumbsup:

While taking some measurements at an outdoor construction site I happened to look down from a high wall to a refuse area about 12 feet below me. :find:

There in the snow was some folded paper that had a unique look and feel to it, even from such a distance. I had to walk all the way around the building to the lower level, fully expecting to be disappointed... (I thought for sure it was one of those gag bills that trick you into going to some grand opening, etc.) but there in the snow was a wonderful looking $50 bill! :hello2:

Thanks for looking!
Nick

Attachments

• IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4279.jpg
    IMG_4279.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 42

MD_DET_001

Greenie
Jan 6, 2021
Detector(s) used
White's Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
l just scored my biggest U.S. paper money eyeball $urface so far. :thumbsup:

While taking some measurements at an outdoor construction site I happened to look down from a high wall to a refuse area about 12 feet below me. :find:

There in the snow was some folded paper that had a unique look and feel to it, even from such a distance. I had to walk all the way around the building to the lower level, fully expecting to be disappointed... (I thought for sure it was one of those gag bills that trick you into going to some grand opening, etc.) but there in the snow was a wonderful looking $50 bill! :hello2:

Thanks for looking!
Nick

Congratulations on spying that!
I have also discovered on the surface "treasure" like that on a couple of occasions.
Once when I had just moved into an apartment complex.....walked out to check the mail, and discover a $10 bill lying on the ground.
The next time, I was walking across a large shopping parking lot....it had rained and there was a slight depression in the pavement that had filled with an inch or so of water. As I walked right near the puddle, I looked to see what looked like currency in the water....almost kept walking, thinking it was fake. Bent down though to discover TWO $20 bills folded and lying in the water!
They had also gotten a bit muddy.....I retrieved them and thought, well they can't get any wetter...so brought them home and washed in the bathroom sink and hung over the towel rack. Couple of hours later, that $40 bucks was dry, crispy, and ready for the wallet!
The 3rd and final time, a friend and I were walking into a local Pub and we both noticed a $5 bill on the ground....we both went for it, but he was quicker on the draw! Ha, ha...

MD

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is just fantastic- great job spotting it!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice eyeball sighting! Congrats.

OP
OP
Wildcat1750

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Vibra-Tector 730/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol nice! So awesome finding paper money.
Thanks, Pull tab mcfoilson! That way there's more 'bang for the buck'! :laughing7:

Congratulations on spying that!
I have also discovered on the surface "treasure" like that on a couple of occasions.
Once when I had just moved into an apartment complex.....walked out to check the mail, and discover a $10 bill lying on the ground.
The next time, I was walking across a large shopping parking lot....it had rained and there was a slight depression in the pavement that had filled with an inch or so of water. As I walked right near the puddle, I looked to see what looked like currency in the water....almost kept walking, thinking it was fake. Bent down though to discover TWO $20 bills folded and lying in the water!
They had also gotten a bit muddy.....I retrieved them and thought, well they can't get any wetter...so brought them home and washed in the bathroom sink and hung over the towel rack. Couple of hours later, that $40 bucks was dry, crispy, and ready for the wallet!
The 3rd and final time, a friend and I were walking into a local Pub and we both noticed a $5 bill on the ground....we both went for it, but he was quicker on the draw! Ha, ha...

MD
Nice MD_DET_001! You've had your fair share of luck as well!
Now that was worth the walk !
Yes, Trezurehunter it really paid off... :occasion14:

That is just fantastic- great job spotting it!
Thank you, Jeff. The amazing thing is how far away I spotted it from.

OP
OP
Wildcat1750

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Vibra-Tector 730/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ground score!
Thanks, Steve in PA. I'm pretty sure it was dropped sometime after the snow was piled there....

Nice eyeball sighting! Congrats.
Thanks, pepperj. Even at that distance it had the 'look' of money to me!

A Treasure Hunter is always looking. Great find!
Yes we are beepbleep, that is what we do best!

eye ball finds are great it will keep your mind sharp
A lot more profitable way to do it than Sudoku puzzles, islamoradamark.

Thank you David.Hunts! The most I ever found before were $20s. I'll still take them any day. :laughing7:

sweet find!
Yes, jewelerguy, you just have to love seeing the sweet face of U. S. Grant on U.S. paper money. :icon_thumright:

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the largest I've heard of being found and is a great find but it's stained so not really worth allllll that energy to pick it up! :laughing7:
Congrats.

Edit: After reading this thread I immediately saw Caspers thread where he posted a $100 and a $50 he found underwater. :headbang:

Next up would be $500. Anyone?:dontknow:

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much better than digging 5,000 Lincoln cents, and a hell of a lot easier!

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good eyes! Definitely better than 5000 Lincolns and much less work.
About 10 years ago I was taking a short cut down some under utilized freight railroad tracks under two major highway. Not near the traffic of the northeast corridor line near by but still not a great idea in retrospect. Looked down and there was a $20 on the tracks. Thought well that's random out here but I'll take it. Kept going and there was a $50. Even better. Then I got to one of the over passes and the was a beat up $100 laying on the rocks! Still have no idea how $170 ended up laying in the tracks 2 miles outside a freight yard. Hobo drop it running for a train?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread