PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field White's IDX-PRO Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy & Rocky Beach Hunt.....

First time hunting this beach.....this spot isn't PI friendly at all! :BangHead: This place looks like a scene from the moon creepy looking....this is where I get the idea to make this video.....cheesy but fun ! :laughing7: Gotta go back with a VLF. Thanks for watching.

[youtube=425,350]qFr1mAZ3x_c[/youtube]

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Muddy & Rocky Beach Hunt.....

Expected Dracula to come out any second!

h2ojunkie

Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Excal II, DF

What I don't get is who would want to go swim in that muddy stuff? You and Craig are finding gold all the time but is it in areas like this? That mud just looks toxic. What happened geologically that made it go from being a nice place to take a dip to what looks like a mud bog ???

OP
OP
PI JOE

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

h2ojunkie said:
What I don't get is who would want to go swim in that muddy stuff? You and Craig are finding gold all the time but is it in areas like this? That mud just looks toxic. What happened geologically that made it go from being a nice place to take a dip to what looks like a mud bog ???

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup: Sometime we do find our self digging in crap like this...this beach was last used in the 40's....Blame the Major Industries for dumping all kinds of toxic chemicals. It was also a trade port and shipbuilding center in the 18/19th century. They also dredged that area which explains the sediment/mud.

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI Minelab Sovereign GT Teknetics T2

h2ojunkie said:

Yes, we find gold in these area's... this beach in the video had activity that dates back to the late 1890's its not pretty hunting spots like this but its these type of spots that gives up the oldest gold which we are for the most part after..

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess you guys must be pretty bored up there.

OP
OP
PI JOE

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Killer Angel said:

Not bored at all......this is what we call thinking outta the box. :wink:

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used

Killer Angel said:

Bored? No its called thinking out of the box and hunting where others won't or wouldn't think to search and finding gold in a spots like this...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Use to hunt an old beach like this Indiana (River) and it was really, really tough going. Took some good finds from it but am equally certain there's still a pile of good finds in there under all that hard clay, rock, gravel & stone. Always came home smelling like murky backwater muck. :laughing9:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes you a right, for to get good target so you do use metal detector VLF or you use Sovereign GT with search coil 8". You dig lot of good target. Happy Hunting :icon_pirat:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Craig-PI said:
Killer Angel said:

Bored? No its called thinking out of the box and hunting where others won't or wouldn't think to search and finding gold in a spots like this...

No problem, just a little commentary next time to let us know the video doesn't contain any gold or other type finds we can cheer about would be appreciated.

Hope you find gold next time. Hunting those types of places you deserve it. Good luck!!!

OP
OP
PI JOE

PI JOE

Feb 17, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Killer Angel said:
Craig-PI said:
Killer Angel said:

No problem, just a little commentary next time to let us know the video doesn't contain any gold or other type finds we can cheer about would be appreciated.

No problem Tom, Next time, I'll send you a PM with the heads up on the video....don't want to see you waste 5 minutes of your life watching it! :occasion14: :thumbsup:

Craig-PI

Feb 19, 2011
Connecticut
Detector(s) used

Killer Angel said:
Craig-PI said:
Killer Angel said:

Hope you find gold next time. Hunting those types of places you deserve it. Good luck!!!

Here you go a successful "thinking out of the box" hunt with gold :hello:

[youtube=425,350]j3lZ9CgGBEE[/youtube]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread