Mule Deer

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I thought I saw a Mule deer in this area a while back, but wasn't sure.
I went for a little drive yesterday afternoon to try to take some pictures in the evening light. I was going up a steep grade to see if I could find some old barns to photograph. Didn't make it very far before running into thick fog and clouds. Turned around and headed back down, and occasionally sunlight would come through the cloud breaks.
The deer are on the right side of the tree on the left. There are mainly white tail's here, but these are mule deer. After taking the landscape, I put my long lens on to see what kind of deer they were.

Attachments

• 888.JPG
    888.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 07788.JPG
    07788.JPG
    253.6 KB · Views: 86

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Break in the clouds I see and a lot more green then I'm seeing around here.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They appear to be in great condition for this time of year, Ron. I'm jealous...haven't seen bare ground for 2 1/2 months.
Jim

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Thanks Guy's, One reason I moved back to this area was for the climate. Where I just moved from in the Oregon Cascades, it was common to not see the ground until May.

Don't know if you noticed, but in the lower right center of the landscape pic, you get a glimpse of the Clearwater River. About 20 miles up river the real snow accumulation begins.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Guy's, One reason I moved back to this area was for the climate. Where I just moved from in the Oregon Cascades, it was common to not see the ground until May.

Don't know if you noticed, but in the lower right center of the landscape pic, you get a glimpse of the Clearwater River. About 20 miles up river the real snow accumulation begins.

I noticed that trout just breaking water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread