Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a friend visit for several days and I made a joke on the way home that this was quite the bipolar hunt because at times we were in the dumps not being able to find a site, or even a target for that matter, to balancing out a little with some sites and decent finds... to him going straight out manic on me in the last hour. :laughing7: We both had a great time and I am happy with what we came up with, but spent a great deal of time chasing some sites that would have been fantastic, but just did not work out... so this is a watered down version of what could have been, but that's how this hobby goes. I do have two new ideas for when Ironhorse is ready to roll, as well as a few that we were waiting on already... so more to come!

Edit: I was pretty beat last night and left out that in addition to several great ideas which came up empty the forecast changed to rain for every day after the first. Also, if you can believe this the first day my Profind went, the 2nd day my detector, and 3rd my coil! ...so I was swinging an E-trac for a while with a 13" nel coil. It was great cerebus brought a good back up detector and even a 2nd pinpointer!.... but was still not what I was used to, and what a ridiculous discrimination system that thing has. The next day I did get my Explorer working again after restarting a couple of times and am perfect again. I have to send the profind in for repair, but what I think happened with the detector is I already suspected the coil had issues, was just not obvious not having been out in the rain... but once I was it started to act up, and because it was bad it somehow created a glitch in the detector. The confusing part was changing the bad coil and still having what seemed like the same problem as both issues mimicked each other. And I should mention this just to let you know how the type of person Cerebus is.... I still have his Garrett pinpointer here to use the rest of the year, and he also offered his E-trac if I needed it! And yes I was definitely going to take it, and also the nel coil, he just didn't know that yet.

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 131
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 122
  • h9.jpg
    h9.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 121
  • h8.jpg
    h8.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 121
  • h11.jpg
    h11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 115
  • h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 132
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 122
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 121
  • h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 122
  • h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 120
  • h12.jpg
    h12.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 14

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right bud, that's how it goes sometimes, but you totally redeemed yourselves with the buttons! The coins and tokens are cool, but the Rev War and 1812 buttons are killer. He definitely kicked your ass with that kings button, but God knows you probably have a mit full of those kicking around somewhere :) Glad you guys had fun and made some awesome finds!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the breaks, I feel the same this year. Chased lots of good researched targets, only to find that they are a non-starter.

cerebus

Oct 9, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Etrac CTX
Was awesome trip, need more time lol. Still driving home now, can't wait for airport bar lol. Toll guy just screwed me, supposed to get a loonie and gave me an American quarter instead, damn exchange rates.
Awesome host thanks for taking me around, again. Glad u finally relented and went back to the field where I popped the Kings, only took multi hours of nagging and nagging and nagging hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was awesome trip, need more time lol. Still driving home now, can't wait for airport bar lol. Toll guy just screwed me, supposed to get a loonie and gave me an American quarter instead, damn exchange rates.
Awesome host thanks for taking me around, again. Glad u finally relented and went back to the field where I popped the Kings, only took multi hours of nagging and nagging and nagging hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah.

Next time I will not give in! To the silent 71st field we will go again.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great bunch of relics! I'd say y'all had a great day. Really like the buttons and that wax seal is very cool! Congrats

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a wide variety of great digs man. Those buttons...damn

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with that hunt at all… I hope to have half those goodies in my pouch come my 3 day hunt this fall…BIG pile of goodies there…more than one keeper for sure!!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the seal is very cool. I so want one of those. I don't know if you lost or not those are sure hard to come by.
Nice navy, artillery, the thistle piece, and a silver all good finds.
Heading out tomorrow, I'm going to hope for a seal, see how that goes. (haha)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you out man. Those buttons are fabulous as always IP and although the Kings Am. Reg. is the star, I'm loving that triple cannon 1812! I too understand sites not panning out but alas...the search continues onward.

Steve

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your such a great host bringing cerebus to the special King's Button field, and what a beauty it is! Liking the seal it's one of those finds that's grown old on the want list. Actually you really dug some a fair amount of nice targets, nice hunts.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wax seal piece and those buttons are awesome.... as is the junk pile. :laughing7: Looks like you guys did a bit of digging today. Excellent day of hunting IP.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it was a great day for metal!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.jpg REALLY LOVE THE SEAL - BUTTONS AND COINS=MASS PRODUCED BUT A SEAL LIKE THAT PROB ONE OF KIND :thumbsup:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
No secret weapons needed here, just a decent site; I'm sure you guys covered lots of fields and the finds show!
Nice bunch of finds anyone would be proud of

You got a couple of weeks to get your equipment dialed in, I'm ready to hunt!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No secret weapons needed here, just a decent site; I'm sure you guys covered lots of fields and the finds show!
Nice bunch of finds anyone would be proud of

You got a couple of weeks to get your equipment dialed in, I'm ready to hunt!

I'm ready anytime. Detector is fine, back up coil is fine, and have his Garrett pinpointer. :thumbsup: ...and if anything changes I'll just Ace 250 it!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm ready anytime. Detector is fine, back up coil is fine, and have his Garrett pinpointer. :thumbsup: ...and if anything changes I'll just Ace 250 it!

Hard to believe I am still swinging my minelab XS after these many years…must be 11 years with it and had it in for repair this Spring and the guy said it had a dead display but still had sounds…I had it in the garage near dark and seen some detail…I thought to myself if the sub 0 temp somehow set the contrast at 0 and long and behold it did… service guy also said there was about 2 inches of dirt in the machine and had no idea how it still was working…love to get another 11 years with it but highly unlikely!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread