Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a friend visit for several days and I made a joke on the way home that this was quite the bipolar hunt because at times we were in the dumps not being able to find a site, or even a target for that matter, to balancing out a little with some sites and decent finds... to him going straight out manic on me in the last hour. :laughing7: We both had a great time and I am happy with what we came up with, but spent a great deal of time chasing some sites that would have been fantastic, but just did not work out... so this is a watered down version of what could have been, but that's how this hobby goes. I do have two new ideas for when Ironhorse is ready to roll, as well as a few that we were waiting on already... so more to come!

Edit: I was pretty beat last night and left out that in addition to several great ideas which came up empty the forecast changed to rain for every day after the first. Also, if you can believe this the first day my Profind went, the 2nd day my detector, and 3rd my coil! ...so I was swinging an E-trac for a while with a 13" nel coil. It was great cerebus brought a good back up detector and even a 2nd pinpointer!.... but was still not what I was used to, and what a ridiculous discrimination system that thing has. The next day I did get my Explorer working again after restarting a couple of times and am perfect again. I have to send the profind in for repair, but what I think happened with the detector is I already suspected the coil had issues, was just not obvious not having been out in the rain... but once I was it started to act up, and because it was bad it somehow created a glitch in the detector. The confusing part was changing the bad coil and still having what seemed like the same problem as both issues mimicked each other. And I should mention this just to let you know how the type of person Cerebus is.... I still have his Garrett pinpointer here to use the rest of the year, and he also offered his E-trac if I needed it! And yes I was definitely going to take it, and also the nel coil, he just didn't know that yet.

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 132
  • h10.jpg
    h10.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 123
  • h9.jpg
    h9.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 122
  • h8.jpg
    h8.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 122
  • h11.jpg
    h11.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 116
  • h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 121
  • h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 123
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 122
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 123
  • h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 133
  • h12.jpg
    h12.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 14
OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to believe I am still swinging my minelab XS after these many years…must be 11 years with it and had it in for repair this Spring and the guy said it had a dead display but still had sounds…I had it in the garage near dark and seen some detail…I thought to myself if the sub 0 temp somehow set the contrast at 0 and long and behold it did… service guy also said there was about 2 inches of dirt in the machine and had no idea how it still was working…love to get another 11 years with it but highly unlikely!!

You could easily figure it out because you switched right after you found out what the big boys were swinging at the hunt! 8-)

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
You still dig:laughing7:
And i thought you were a computer chair treasure hunter...
Nice variety of history right there for an "Old Dog"..

~Blaze~

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG THERE PATCH WHAT A BUNCH OF NICE FINDS .. AWESOME BUNCH OF RELICS , MAN THE COINS AND ASSORTED ARE SWEET ......

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No depression there--those finds are tops!
You want to feel bad IronPatch spend a day in your local neighborhood park!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still dig:laughing7:
And i thought you were a computer chair treasure hunter...
Nice variety of history right there for an "Old Dog"..

~Blaze~

The chair is much easier but the rust on my shovel and these old bones needed the work out. Good to hear from you and hope you're doing just fair bordering on being miserable. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No depression there--those finds are tops!
You want to feel bad IronPatch spend a day in your local neighborhood park!

Not sure if that point is well made as I have dug a CT copper there, and my friend who I was hunting with Spanish silver a couple years back. But I know what you mean. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions