Murfreesboro Ban of detecting on city property!

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
Yea....kinda sucks....The so called licensed grave diggers is the cause of that.....They had rather it all rust and decay in place if they can't dig it for themselves...it's not really about history, it's about their self serving egos. It will get worse before it gets better if we don't stand up for our rights. I had never been so interested in history until I started tp MD.....Now I'm constantly looking to share what I find and the history behind it with anyone and everyone that will listen....Sorry about the soap box....Eventually you will not be able to dig a garden.....

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would look into the exact law or ordinance. too many people out there, say, "you can't do that", when they really don't know, it could be something they heard

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
3RINGER said:
Spoke to a friend of mine who works with MPD, was asking about some property thay were doing work on and stated that I needed to get with the contractor to hunt it.
:o He said it wouldn't do me any good due to the city banning any detecting on city property!

Now I know how those boys up north feel, that stupid if you ask me!

Your city should have park or rules and regulations concerning detector use online. Most of the time if you call someome in the city, they will cover their behind and tell you you can not detect. Look up the information yourself, if it isn't online the libray would be another place you might look it up.

shonintn

Tenderfoot
Nov 7, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, T2
I dont think its a law yet. I hunt Murfreesboro all the time and it depends on the land owner or the construction super, some will some won't. I think we live in the same relic rich area!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gee...i hope that isnt the case.have been hunting a field in murfressboro and getting some nice finds.its right off wilkerson pike.if you walk out of belk and look ahead youll see the field,soon to be a road.it was probally my last time detecking an actuall battle feild,complete with a field hospital.i would really like the guy who sold me the bandio and the middle tenn. detecters club.and the construction co, jamey

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wear the hard hat and get out there at quitting time. Lol good luck. I always wanted to wade down stones river in summer and look. Times have changed.Best luck with your hunts.
Tnmountains

OP
OP
3RINGER

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys it really does S@!**! if it's true.

Dimeman/ sniffer: I'm triing to pull something up on it and going over there monday to see at the city's records bldg.

Also got a friend who works at the city getting something on paper. :icon_study: :icon_study: :icon_study:

Shonintn..PM sent

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
I live down in Pulaski...I have a sister that lives in M'boro...and I visit Alvin York VA quit often...I salivate everytime I drive up there...lol

George

OP
OP
3RINGER

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yea, sure would like to see what coins lay down near the pond at the VA along that pathway ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread