Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from down around Mitchell cty way, not really familiar with Murray or Whitfield counties. Are you not aware of where the gold for the Atlanta dome came from? Ever hear of Dahlonega? Do you some google searches, here's a link from wiki. Good luck, too!
Dahlonega, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OP
OP
I

Istang

Oct 28, 2012
Cohutta Ga
Detector(s) used
G2, Alpha 2000(5 inch coil)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I ve heard about dahlonega and I've been there. The placer map show gold Murray county . But it's not very detailed.... That's why I was wondering if any one has had success there... I also heard all streams and rivers in ga have gold. What's ur take on that.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I ve heard about dahlonega and I've been there. The placer map show gold Murray county . But it's not very detailed.... That's why I was wondering if any one has had success there... I also heard all streams and rivers in ga have gold. What's ur take on that.
Well Istang, ty very much for kicking in my OCD! LOL! :laughing7:
Years ago, Kevin Reilley (RIP) gave me some gold prospecting magazines, and one just happened to be about the Ga gold belts. So I've torn 1/2 the house apart looking for them, I found a few, but not the Ga one. I'm sure I have stuck it somewhere safe. So safe, that even I can't find it! LOL!

From memory, I think they only mined about 20% of the gold from the Dahlonega area. I have also heard there is gold in most any and all streams flowing down from the northwest area heading south. I had also checked out a book from my local library, documenting every treasure that had ever been found and documented in the US and where. It was part of 4 different books, split up by N, S, E, and Western states. There was rough diamonds found in a creek in Lee cty, a mile from where I used to live. I found this website, that may can give you some more info, until I can find that other magazine. I'll go to the library next week, see if they still have that other treasure book (I been wanting to check it out again anyway).
UNITED STATES GOLD LOCATIONS-EASTERN STATES

Stay in touch with me, when I find the mag, I'll make copies of the article and mail it to you. Just pm me your address. The only way, you are going to know if there is gold in one of them creeks, is to get over there and start detecting or panning. My bro-n-law brought back a small vial of gold after a week vacation up there a few yrs back. So yes, it's very likely you too, can find just enough, to make less than minimum wage and qualify for food stamps, too! LOL! Good luck and HH!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well Istang, ty very much for kicking in my OCD! LOL! :laughing7:
Years ago, Kevin Reilley (RIP) gave me some gold prospecting magazines, and one just happened to be about the Ga gold belts. So I've torn 1/2 the house apart looking for them, I found a few, but not the Ga one. I'm sure I have stuck it somewhere safe. So safe, that even I can't find it! LOL!

From memory, I think they only mined about 20% of the gold from the Dahlonega area. I have also heard there is gold in most any and all streams flowing down from the northwest area heading south. I had also checked out a book from my local library, documenting every treasure that had ever been found and documented in the US and where. It was part of 4 different books, split up by N, S, E, and Western states. There was rough diamonds found in a creek in Lee cty, a mile from where I used to live. I found this website, that may can give you some more info, until I can find that other magazine. I'll go to the library next week, see if they still have that other treasure book (I been wanting to check it out again anyway).
UNITED STATES GOLD LOCATIONS-EASTERN STATES

Stay in touch with me, when I find the mag, I'll make copies of the article and mail it to you. Just pm me your address. The only way, you are going to know if there is gold in one of them creeks, is to get over there and start detecting or panning. My bro-n-law brought back a small vial of gold after a week vacation up there a few yrs back. So yes, it's very likely you too, can find just enough, to make less than minimum wage and qualify for food stamps, too! LOL! Good luck and HH!

Nice of you to take the time to help out.

All the best,

Lanny http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries-57.html

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Istang, found the magazine, It's the Gold Prospectors Sept/Oct 2006 edition, the article is the Gold Belts of Georgia.
It seems to give some good info, but I don't think anything more special than some extensive research wouldn't give. I have to set up my scanner, see if I can get it up or over to you later this afternoon. (I got appt, so I'll be back laters)

Check out the bottom of the forums, by state, they is talking about gold claims from an old thread there now.

Remember, that gold ain't gonna jump outta the ground and run to your doorstep, knock, and jump in ya pocket! LOL! :laughing7:
Read up quick and go get'em!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...09575-lost-gold-locations-ga.html#post3006736

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
From what I have read the majority of the gold to be found is of the type (FlourGold), that is very hard to make a profit with it is too time intensive for the amount your gonna get out of the labor to get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread