MX5 FALSE SIG. OR ???????????

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the MX5 out today at a local park playing around found an old cellar-hole I kept on getting a constant 85 to 90 vid high tone 1 1/2'' deep but nothing was there Could this be a hot-rock issue ? I reground balanced tried all metal pp everything showed a target Except for my X -pinpointer MX5 with 10'' dd coil I moved the rocks and ran them over the coil But got no response on the rocks

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's weird Jim, usually my falses/hot rock show a deep target 6-8". Did it happen only once?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like iron falsing to me. Maybe a large piece of iron causing falsing. I get that's some if I try to run to much sensitivity. I find it still plenty deep about 3 bars off max to keep it smooth.

OP
OP
Jim of PA

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Jim of PA

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds like iron falsing to me. Maybe a large piece of iron causing falsing. I get that's some if I try to run to much sensitivity. I find it still plenty deep about 3 bars off max to keep it smooth.

I was thinking that Fletch But I didn't find anything Don't know why it was showing so shallow even after digging down I do miss the F-75 lol

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check the area with the pointer? I have several instance like you describe, and its always has been a small piece of metal either a lead shot or part of a piece of silver jewelry.

OP
OP
Jim of PA

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you check the area with the pointer? I have several instance like you describe, and its always has been a small piece of metal either a lead shot or part of a piece of silver jewelry.

Yes pointer showed nothing:dontknow:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually slide coil over to side and hit pinpoint, which I a no motion all metal mode then sweep suspected target area. If it pp's off center or moves around it's usually a false signal. Deep coins will have that sweet rise and fall on the vco pinpoint.

OP
OP
Jim of PA

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually slide coil over to side and hit pinpoint, which I a no motion all metal mode then sweep suspected target area. If it pp's off center or moves around it's usually a false signal. Deep coins will have that sweet rise and fall on the vco pinpoint.

When I get a chance I'll go back and investigate that some more Could be a deep cache lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions