MX5 TRYOUTS

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the MX5 today went to the local park to check it out Pretty impressed so far with the separation Id Pinpoint and depth !! The bad thing was the 10" dd coil seems heavy to me and the detector kept turning off after a few minutes of use Finally pulled the battery pack out and bent the tabs Now it seems to working just fine

I could only swing it for about 20 min. because of the weight of the coil Still had a blast
my 20 min. test got me only 1-pulltab @ 5" This park in pulltab hell, lol 1-clad quarter 1970 @ 6" 7-zinc penny's Also 1 modern token Alum. the size of a 50 cents @ 8" !!!!!!!!!!! SHE BE A KEEPER !!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing7:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 10" DD is does make the MX-5 nose heavy. The stock concentric is a perfect balance and seems to identify trash better IMO. The 5.3 Eclipse is a good coil to have also. Congratulations on your new machine.

OP
OP
Jim of PA

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 10" DD is does make the MX-5 nose heavy. The stock concentric is a perfect balance and seems to identify trash better IMO. The 5.3 Eclipse is a good coil to have also. Congratulations on your new machine.

I do need a smaller coil This came with the detector

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A killer coil for the mx5 is the detech 10x5 SEf WSS. compaired to the original it's like an all new machine.

134-10x5wssw_1f.jpg

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Detect-Ed red belly shaft
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
Grave Digger tomb stone venom
Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you end up getting the 10x5? I also have the MX5 I just ordered detech 10x5 and 8x6 I'm waiting for them to get delivered. Do you have any advice for using the MX5?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on a great buy! You could try shortening up the length of the rod by one notch. I also use a sling with all my detectors to put the weight on my shoulders. Have fun! H Digs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread