mxt and the 3 stage trigger........ HELP.........

jsmorleymxt

Mar 25, 2008
Spring Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75
Ive been using the mxt for some time now, but have never played with the trigger any while detecting. I manily only hunt for coins and jewerly. I was just wonder if someone could explain the pros and cons of each 3 positions. I no that the pull back mode is pinpoint, middle is standerd mode. and foward is alternate. But whats the difference between the two. Any help.

And at what settings do yall mxt users set the dials too, while hunting coins? just wondering..... I usally run mine at 10 and 2. what do yall run?

JG

Nov 15, 2006
Hey JS,

Look on the bottom of the unit for detailed information on each mode and trigger use. Re read the manual. You will have to go over it a few times but it is the best way learn your machine. Don't be surprised that the manual is often overlooked, the MXT is easy to use and just a few settings to make. You can find a manual to print from White's home page. Force yourself to read a section every night, until you understand some of the more evasive concepts. Good machine!

GpSnoopy

Sep 14, 2008
Grande Prairie, AB
Detector(s) used
MXT, Sovereign GT, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much edited from the manual.....

Coin and Jewelry Mode - Coin and Jewelry Icons

Center Position "Primary Searching" (traditional DISC control) . With the Trigger on the hand grip in the center position, the DISC control works like most traditional metal detectors in that metal items below the DISC control setting are suppressed (quiet or broken) by the audio and metal items accepted by the DISC control setting produce a smoother solid audio beep.
Forward Position (Alternate Mode) "Pull Tab Range Notched Out (suppressed)". With the Trigger on the hand grip in the forward position, the typical pull tab range is rejected (notched out) regardless of the DISC controls position. If you are accepting foil an or nickels, pull tabs above that setting on the DISC control range are still suppressed (quiet or broken) by the audio.

Relic Mode - Relic Icons

Center Position "Primary" "Two Tone ID" (disc accept high tone, reject low tone). While operating in the Relic MODE with the Trigger in Center Position, targets below the DISC control setting produce a low tone beep, targets above the DISC control setting produce a higher toned beep. Two different tones, lower trash/rejects, higher good metals/accept, all based on the DISC control setting. Edgy target responses are normal for this mode as it technically is a Mixed Mode with all metal and Disc working simultaneously.
Forward Position (Alternate Mode) "DISC Suppresses Rejects" (at "0" DISC iron low tone/non-iron high tone). While operating in the Relic mode with the Trigger in the forward position, and the DISC control set at any setting other than Zero (0) , metals below the Disc setting are suppressed (quiet or broken) and metals above the DISC setting produce a smoother solid beep. With the trigger forward and the DISC control set to ZERO, however, ferrous metals (iron) produces a lower pitch beep and nonferrous metals (not iron) produce a higher pitch beep.

Hope that helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions