mxt pro coil ideas

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Lot of it depends on the mineralization in your area and where you plan to detect and what targets you're looking for. We need more info to give you a better answer.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The D2 coil is awesome on the MXT it gets as deep as the 12" coil for me, I get silver dimes at 10"+ and had a few at 12". Try to run gain as high as you can without to much noise for the deep stuff, I usually run mine at +2 gain as any more and the noise is to bad to hear those deep faint targets, and sometimes you might not be able to run as high gain if you get into a bad EMI area. A good set of headphones is a must for those really faint deep targets and the MXT is a powerhouse that will benefit from a really good set of quality headphones and the D2 (whites 10" DD coil) really shines on the MXT and stays on mine 95% of the time. I did get a detech 13" DD coil looking for more depth and the D2 seems equal in depth but the detech 13" coil did get me a few deep dimes on edge that gave just enough better signal to dig these were like 10" and on edge. HH

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you asked your question on the Whites forum? No better place to get answers than from a direct source. I have the V3i and I only run Whites coils. Depending on how trashy the area is, I can pick from various sizes.

Attachments

• CompareCoilsFront.jpg
    CompareCoilsFront.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 317

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I got my MXT PRO I really did not want the 12" coil because I have had them before and they just will not work in trashy areas so I got the 10x12 SEF coil which I love. Works great in trashy areas. A friend of mine has same machine as I do only he has (had) the 6x10 DD coil and he could not hunt in park next to a shelter that was loaded with tabs and foil. I hunted while he sat on the picnic table watching as I found several wheat pennies and an old token. The SEF coil has great separation for its size and goes deeper. I have hunted with the 6x10 and D2 and I have gone back to same sites with the SEF and found much more deeper coins. They are all good coils and which ever you get you will do very well with. Like wingmaster said run your gain as high as you can stand it and even try all metal with zero discriminate if you are in an area with very little trash. The most important tip is to swing very slowly to find the really deep stuff.

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the better coil for sure if anything go with the 5.3 for parks you will not hit as deep though

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also got rid of the 12" coil on my DFX300 and went with the D2 coil. It is a really nice coil but when I am in trashy areas, which is most of time, I use my 6X8 SEL or 4X6 Shooter coil. The 6X8 SEL is a great little coil that separates well and gets good depth especially for a small coil. I tried the 6X10 DD that belongs to my friend on my DFX and it is much heavier and I don't believe it's as deep as the 6X8 SEL. I would say that the 6X8 stays on my machine 90% of the time and I really like it.

dimedigger

Jan 25, 2013
waccamaw
Detector(s) used
BH pioneer ex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
research 90% detector 10%. and not a one will pick up stuff sitting in a closet

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
D2 is much better than the 12 inch. Now if you get the D2 the 10x6 is another coil you won't be using much... My personal favorites were the d2 and the 5.3...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread