MXT Pro Advice. . .

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey All,

After visiting the local White's Dealer, I'm probably going with the MXT Pro. I mostly hunt parks, Totlots and old foundations. I'm curious, what my first coil should be, after I pick up the MXT. Now, I know that it comes with the 300, but I'm sure it's not the best for hunting trashy parks, would the 10X6 DD be the coil of choice as the coil used mostly, or should i get the 950 initially with the detector and then get the 10X6 DD, or the 4X6?

Any advice is welcome, and thanks for the input my friends!

HH

PTP:icon_scratch:

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get one of each :) The 6x10 is the one I use the most. If It is too trashy, I can drop down to the 4x6 for even better seperation. If its a large open area, I can use the larger one.

Hey All,

After visiting the local White's Dealer, I'm probably going with the MXT Pro. I mostly hunt parks, Totlots and old foundations. I'm curious, what my first coil should be, after I pick up the MXT. Now, I know that it comes with the 300, but I'm sure it's not the best for hunting trashy parks, would the 10X6 DD be the coil of choice as the coil used mostly, or should i get the 950 initially with the detector and then get the 10X6 DD, or the 4X6?

Any advice is welcome, and thanks for the input my friends!

HH

PTP:icon_scratch:

Attachments

• CompareCoilsFront.jpg
    CompareCoilsFront.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 221

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The D2 coil makes the MXT a whole new machine its real deep and separates pretty good for a big coil, when running +2 gain with good headphones I can get 10"+ dimes at parks that have been pounded for years. I set the disc. at 6 and listen for those deep faint whisper targets to bypass the clad and surface junk. HH

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So get the MXT Pro with the 950 (cheaper at $849) and buy at the same time the 6x10.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Any of the coils recommend will work fine. When I got my MXT PRO I sold my 12" coil and got the 10x12 SEF coil and love it. It never comes off. I can hunt anywhere with it. Even trashy areas as it has great separation. I also have the 6x10 and the D2 but never use them. I mainly keep them as back ups. Again all of the coils will work fine. Remember to swing much slower to find the deep targets.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
10x6DD is also the best coil for RFI, I had the big 300 and the d2 and both suffered more problems with close RFI. So my opinion is 10x6 is the best coil to use in parks. The 950 might also be good but not being a DD it has all it's disadvantages and some advantage in pinpointing, that in any case it is very easy with the 10x6.

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The D2 coil makes the MXT a whole new machine its real deep and separates pretty good for a big coil, when running +2 gain with good headphones I can get 10"+ dimes at parks that have been pounded for years. I set the disc. at 6 and listen for those deep faint whisper targets to bypass the clad and surface junk. HH
Would'nt you be passing up nice rings like that? Why would you want coins over jewelry?:dontknow:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would'nt you be passing up nice rings like that? Why would you want coins over jewelry?:dontknow:
Yep he sure would. Plus the higher the disc is run up, the less depth one would be getting.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In some of these old parks the trash is extreme to say the least and if your going to try for gold rings your most likely to dig trash all day long without finding any old coins or nice jewelry. HH

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So get the MXT Pro with the 950 (cheaper at $849) and buy at the same time the 6x10.

I bought mine (got it today) for 700 with the 950 plus shipping and paypal fee. 801 total

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread