sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How do you explain when you do something in haste and after its gone you get an answer you were waiting for. Yesterday after waiting sometime for a reply I sold my mxt pro do to It had an or should I say the same issues with no results after repair.The reply I was waiting for come just a little to late for it was already gone.I cant talk on a phone for problems do to tbi and I communicate better by writing things down. No sympathy please!!!!!!!!!!I have posted on here many times and even before jan. 5 2015 when I posted the confederate eye button I was having problems with the detector.The gentleman only bought the box and nothing else and I am to embarrassed to say what I sold it for. I had become frustrated leading to the decision to let it go . So many of you on this site tried to help me and I really do appreciate everyones help. I will continue to monitor the site and maybe later on I will recoup my loss.Really before you get frustrated with your detector because it needs service and you are waiting for results don't do like I did, wait:BangHead:???:sadsmiley: think it through before you sell it or you will be sorry like me.vanzutphen

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the MXT is one of the best detectors made of course I can't say anything about the MXT pro as I only have the MXT 300, I don't like the buttons on the pad much as they are prone to wearing out over time and this isn't something you could just pick up at radio shack. I really wish I could just have the multi tones on my MXT as that is the only thing I would want the pro for anyway, the only problems that I've had are a couple coils that went bad and White's just sent me new ones without charge. HH

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wingnaster I had the mxt 300 and whites could not fix it and sent me in its place a new mxt pro for free. Even though the mxt pro was nice later on I really missed the mxt300 for I didn't really care about it with the pad but for what they did I couldnt complain. It seems there was something in the pro that could not be found and I just got tired of waiting for a reply after being in there shop twice before hand and I wanted to detect and as I said the frustration got the best of me. I lost quite a bit of money on the deal and just maybe they could have fixed it for now I will never know. I called the gentleman back yesterday to see if possibly buying it for what he paid for it because he is a friend of my brother and I asked what his real plans where and he said for extra parts but would think it over before destroying it and if something would change he would let me know. Man if only that email had been a half hour earlier I wouldn't have done it. Damn I hate myself for letting it go maybe guy will have change of heart?? I still believe in my own experience that the the mxt 300 with the 8x6 sef coil is awesome setup. In the future if you ever need work done on the 300 contact Connie Seward or Cari Brewer for they are they are the best at whites in oregon ,vanzutphen

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they still have the regular MXT and its the same as the MXT300 minus the 300mm coil which is the same as the super12, the regular MXT comes with the 950 coil and I might have just had them send me one of those as I don't much care for the 12" coil anyway. The D2 coil is awesome on the MXT though I can hit dimes at 10" with no problem with a few that have been at 12" before. HH

OP
OP
S

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also had the d2 coil but for some reason it seemed somewhat top heavy like toward the front of the coil . Now the 300 was too heavy and to many targets in a circle so just happen to read about the sef coils decided to buy one and from then on out it was all I used.And for the eclispe shooter it was so light that you felt the weight of the control box more than the coil.vanzutphen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread