Whites might be coming out with a new analog machine soon!!!

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called whites the other day and talked to Mary in there repair and service dept. and was talking with her about there 6000 DI Pro. In the conversation she mentioned that whites might have a new analog metal detector coming on the market at sometime in the future, I guess they have had a lot of people asking for a new analog model. I own and still use the whites 6000 Di Pro SL and I have to say I really like using it, easy to use, easy to learn...I have had an e-trac for 7 months and still don't really understand it yet, but I can grab the 6000 and know everything its telling me with just one sound.

ps249

Dec 17, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure hope so. Im not a big fan of the digital push-pads and programmable detectors.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a 6000 Di Pro SL and really liked it other than the weight. I liked the analog display but I really like the adjustability of my DFX. I know there are some that choose analog over digital so I am sure the new detector would have some popularity.

Wayfarer

Dec 7, 2005
Western Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's: V3i, MXT, XL Pro
(In the past: White's: VX3, DFX, XLT, 6000 Di Pro SL, Coinmaster 2DB --- Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I sure hope so! I've owned all the top of the line machines, V3i, VX3, etc., and the XL Pro is still my favorite and the one I have kept. The raw performance is 95% as good as the new digital machines, but the enjoyment factor with the sweet analog sound and ease of use is 1000% better. The only things I would want to improve on the XL Pro would be a 4-tone tone ID (selectable on/off), a 3-filter/4-filter toggle selector, and a manual ground balancing option. Then the XL Pro would be absolutely perfect.

The basic 6000 design is worthy enough that White's ought to continue perfecting it and they would sell a LOT of units.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be nice i like the analog better than the digital detectors.. I would buy one of them..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use to have the XL Pro, loved it and wish I never sold it to my brother-in-law...

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to find someone selling a XL Pro, its being shipped right know, cant weight to get my hands on it...I have been using the ctx 3030 and the e-trac....but a few weeks ago I picked up a whites 6000 di pro sl black box...and I sold my 3030 and the e-trac will be my back up behind the XL Pro and the di pro sl...I just love how easy they are to use and the meter on them is dead on..when it says its a coin thats what it is, no if and buts about it...and you don't have to listen to all the noise that you get from digital machines...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I was over in the Whites forum and no one there has heard of Whites coming out with a analog detector ..

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was talking with Mary at whites, shes the lady there with all the answers about there, I was talking with her about an analog machine that I have in there to be checked out, she was telling me that there talking about coming out with a new analog machine in the future.

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used a 5500 for years got it new in 1982, I too would go out and but a new analog machine... from whites.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first detector was a 5000/D. Minimal depth and the crappiest ground balancing I've ever seen. But it was the best at the time I guess. I'm passing on the analog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread