Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard nothing from them so I called them. She said it is on the way back to me. They replaced the main circuit board? Said it was tested and fine? Figured they would say that. Same as last time. When I get it will see what kind of note they put in it for me. I have a feeling they think it is me and not the machine. But I do have several people who can tell you that it was just not showing anything at all in any mode. Funny that when they get it they say it is working fine.

If they replaced the main circuit board you have all new electronics.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard nothing from them so I called them. She said it is on the way back to me. They replaced the main circuit board? Said it was tested and fine? Figured they would say that. Same as last time. When I get it will see what kind of note they put in it for me. I have a feeling they think it is me and not the machine. But I do have several people who can tell you that it was just not showing anything at all in any mode. Funny that when they get it they say it is working fine.
They found nothing wrong with my CM GT but did replace the coil. I have been out 2 times with no issues. If you do have the problem, make a video with your phone or someones phone so you can post it or send it for prof of the problem.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, got it back. Replaced the MXT PCB assy. Said they could not reproduce a problem? How could that be? This is the second time I sent it back and they told me the same thing the first time. I was not hunting alone either time. And the people I was hunting with both times will tell you it was dead. We tried it in all modes with coins and a can and even my lesche. Nothing, I am telling you. Why when they get it do they say it works fine for them.
I think they think I do not know how to use it, or am some kind of nut. I am old, but not that dang old, and have been using it with no problems since Apr. of last year. Well, lets see how it goes now. I cannot go out in this weather for a while. Snow and ice and very low temps. We will see.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...good luck, hopefully the took care of the prob this time

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, got it back. Replaced the MXT PCB assy. Said they could not reproduce a problem? How could that be? This is the second time I sent it back and they told me the same thing the first time. I was not hunting alone either time. And the people I was hunting with both times will tell you it was dead. We tried it in all modes with coins and a can and even my lesche. Nothing, I am telling you. Why when they get it do they say it works fine for them.
I think they think I do not know how to use it, or am some kind of nut. I am old, but not that dang old, and have been using it with no problems since Apr. of last year. Well, lets see how it goes now. I cannot go out in this weather for a while. Snow and ice and very low temps. We will see.

Just like with a car, intermittent problems can be really hard to track down. When it messed up, were you getting a threshold tone, or was it completely dead?

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a threshold tone. But no matter what mode you put it in it did not give a signal. Not sound or on the monitor. I turned it off and back on and ground balanced. Nothing. This happened before and I sent it back and they could find nothing. So whatever it was it was intermittent. Was hoping that it would be the same when they got it, but guess not. I did notice that the first time if I put it in relic mode, everything on the screen came up buckle. Coins and all. I told them all this but? Hopefully it will be fine now. I could sell it to someone knowing it has problems. Just would not do that to someone.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In relic mode you will only get a couple items on the screen, usually button or buckle. HH

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you tried it yet oldjerseygirl? Throw a quarter on the floor if it's too cold outside. If your not picking up nails in the floorboards or coins laying on the carpet it surely will not work outside in the field either.

alb1

Jan 15, 2014
Weselberg, Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Ctx 3030, my favorite E-Trac & NEL Tornado. Garrett Carrot, (Previously, MXT PRO with D2 and SEF 10x12 coil)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If White's truly stands behind their products, you should have your unit replaced at no charge. Sounds like you got a lemon. I hope it doesn't drive you away from White's product line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread