MXT PRO?

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
..Yeah.....It's nice..The new features are sweet and what lot's of MXT users have been wanting for awhile...Hadn't got a chance to play with it much.....Maybe this weekend ...

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Bumping this back up. I have seen where a few have purchased this detector and would like to start hearing some opinions on various hunting situations. :coffee2:

Willy

DOESN'T swap coils with "almost any other coil from the White's line." and, if such is the case, this is the first that I've heard of such a capability. Also, it doesn't have manual ground balance. You can switch the tracking on and off (still tracks when switched off.. just doesn't change the setting). ..Willy.

Willy

Well, here's a direct quote from your post "Also, the coils for the MXT can be swapped with almost any other coil from the White's line." ..WRONG. Try using any coil from the Prism series, Coinmaster series, Goldmaster series, PI's, XLT. Only coils made for the MXT/DFX.. then M6 and later the V's will work. That's not "the White's line" ..nowhere near. As for the the the "pumping" of the coil being a "manual GB".. c'mon, reality check. Have you done any studying as to what manually GB'ing a detector entails? Ever actually USED a manually GB'd detector? Your 'explanation' of why the MXT is a manually GB'd detector is about equivalent of saying that an automatic transmission is really a standard (manual) because you have to M-A-N-U-A-L-L-Y shift it from park over to drive.

Willy

Yup, the post was deleted.. either by the poster or admin. Essentially, I was correcting some misinformation and buddy was questioning my knowledge on the subject (been swinging an MXT since 2003). Whatever.. water under the bridge. ..willy

AlexanderHun

Apr 15, 2012
Pannonia Inferior
Detector(s) used
White's MXT™ Pro + Detech EXcelerator EQ2 Pro+DETECH 45 cm 18"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would like to ask for advice, I am currently an owner of White's M6. Good little machine, I am satisfied with it, I want to switch to a MXT pro, I'm interested in experience, depth can be more than the M6? Stronger than m6 machine?

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the mxt pro has the same performance of the mxt tracker with the added extras, ground grab, extra tones and light display. Taking aside the fact of being a bit heavy (some minelabs are even heavier), it is a good general purpose detector

AlexanderHun

Apr 15, 2012
Pannonia Inferior
Detector(s) used
White's MXT™ Pro + Detech EXcelerator EQ2 Pro+DETECH 45 cm 18"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, the main issue is that apart from the extras, sees deeper than the M6​​? Because it is more expensive machine, but the only extra things, I do not pay that much more.
Here it is important to book in depth, the coins are often very small and are deep, it's important for me, thanks

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, the main issue is that apart from the extras, sees deeper than the M6​​? Because it is more expensive machine, but the only extra things, I do not pay that much more.
Here it is important to book in depth, the coins are often very small and are deep, it's important for me, thanks

the main difference between both is how they work, the M6 is a silent search machine and the MXT is threshold based, that means you can get some extra depth by paying attention to threshold nuances

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread