coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

I was out hunting last week,at an old home site.I heard this faynt soled sound,out of my head phone. I stared to dig and i found nothing, but still heard the sound when i would move the coil back in forth over the hole.Also there was no VDI reading ether,.has any one experainsed this with there MXT?

Priscilla

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the target could have been to deep to make a VDI number, DFX can also do this...

I.e. a coin that is deep enough might not show VDI reading but will register as a sound only, often these kind of signals are passed over by newbies.. But it can sometimes pay to dig those also. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps,
Eu

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Do some quick air tests on a coin. You will find that when you are far enough away from the coin that the MXT cannot get a good read on it you will get a rise in threshold when you pass over it but no info on the screen. This is an indication of a deep target. You may dig up a rusty can at 14 inches or a silver quarter at 10 inches. Always worth investigating. Yo uwill usually find your target. I have on occasion dug deep just to find a rusty looking clump of soil like a can had rusted completely away but was enough concentration to set off the detector. So, what you heard was an important piece of info for a threshold detector user. This is also why headphones are important, at least when relic hunting an old site. The threshold rise can be very slight on deep stuff but if it is repeatable on every swing. Dig it up.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Suggest picking up a copy of Jeff Foster's "MXT Edge". Will help you in those strange sounds and when to dig or not.

49er

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 178
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 165

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any little chirp or chatter is just the MXT skipping trash items like nails, washers, pulltabs ect. Good solid signals or faint deep solid signals are what you want.

Keep @ It and HH!!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep objects or big deep objects will not churp in relic mode or displace a vdi # on the MXT it will clanck realy hard dig a pilot hole or pin piont for it. Circle the hole as you sweep it. the same thing happened to me, it turnd out to be a 24 pound copper nuget down deep.love MXT

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

I was out to the site Monday,and checked out that spot where i got that sound,I waved the coil over it from diffrent directoins ,I got a hot rock signal once on the display, and than nothing after that.But i sill hear that sound. Should i still dig? Its been a good site.
2 old shoe buckles
2 buttens
4 bullets
1 buckle from animal tack
1 spoon
parts of a jar or something
2 coins , NJ COLONIAL COPPER DATED 1787
AND A LIBERTY HALF CENT 1808.
Priscilla

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
coingairl300 said:
HI

I was out to the site Monday,and checked out that spot where i got that sound,I waved the coil over it from diffrent directoins ,I got a hot rock signal once on the display, and than nothing after that.But i sill hear that sound. Should i still dig? Its been a good site.
2 old shoe buckles
2 buttens
4 bullets
1 buckle from animal tack
1 spoon
parts of a jar or something
2 coins , NJ COLONIAL COPPER DATED 1787
AND A LIBERTY HALF CENT 1808.
Priscilla

You can't leave anything to chance on a site with those finds. YOU MUST DIG IT!!!!!
You are probably going to find a big piece of garbage deep but what may have been garbage back then could be a treasure now.

OP
OP
coingairl300

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI

Thanks tin nugget, I will! Maybe ill find a cache, I would love to recover one of those.

Priscilla

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread