My 100th silver of the year and a 100 coin day all in one

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Well it took a while but I finally got my 100th silver for the year. Mcetrac and I hit a park in Chicago yesterday looking for the oldies. I needed 4 silvers to make the century mark and I really didnt figure I would make it yesterday but wanted to give it a go. We got out about 7 AM and the day was absolutely gorguous. We hit a new spot for us and after a while I got a 1909 indian in nice shape, (no S) then another. I got a rosie and a merc early before 9 so I thought things were looking up and just maybe I would get my goal. We kept hunting and I got another rosie. I told Dave just one more. At this point he hadnt got any silver so we moved a little and he picked up 2 mercs in 10 minutes. We took a break and went to lunch. We met another detectorist speed hunting through the tot lot. We visited with him for a few minute and off we went. After lunch we hunted and hunted but neither of us were having any luck. I took a quick break and counted my coins and was surprised to count up 76. I told Dave that I might not get my 100th silver but I would get 100 coins by the end of the day. We moved alittle and Dave yelled out barber. I went over and he had found a beautiful barber quarter. Near the end of the day, we were hunting back towards the car when I got a 12-43 near a tree. I dug down and popped out a 1901 barber dime. I showed it to Dave and we cleaned it a little to check for the "O" on the back but it wasnt meant to be. I was on cloud nine after that. One more milestone behind me. I got home and counted my coins and lo and behold I had exactly 100 coins which was the best one day total I have ever had. I wish GOIO could have been there but he was busy with the family. Over all, it was a great day hunting with a good friend and great weather. Now where will the next 100 come from. Time and the Etrac will tell. Sorry no pics yet. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for reading. TMAN...

Upvote 0

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tmanfromtexas said:
Well it took a while but I finally got my 100th silver for the year. Mcetrac and I hit a park in Chicago yesterday looking for the oldies. I needed 4 silvers to make the century mark and I really didnt figure I would make it yesterday but wanted to give it a go. We got out about 7 AM and the day was absolutely gorguous. We hit a new spot for us and after a while I got a 1909 indian in nice shape, (no S) then another. I got a rosie and a merc early before 9 so I thought things were looking up and just maybe I would get my goal. We kept hunting and I got another rosie. I told Dave just one more. At this point he hadnt got any silver so we moved a little and he picked up 2 mercs in 10 minutes. We took a break and went to lunch. We met another detectorist speed hunting through the tot lot. We visited with him for a few minute and off we went. After lunch we hunted and hunted but neither of us were having any luck. I took a quick break and counted my coins and was surprised to count up 76. I told Dave that I might not get my 100th silver but I would get 100 coins by the end of the day. We moved alittle and Dave yelled out barber. I went over and he had found a beautiful barber quarter. Near the end of the day, we were hunting back towards the car when I got a 12-43 near a tree. I dug down and popped out a 1901 barber dime. I showed it to Dave and we cleaned it a little to check for the "O" on the back but it wasnt meant to be. I was on cloud nine after that. One more milestone behind me. I got home and counted my coins and lo and behold I had exactly 100 coins which was the best one day total I have ever had. I wish GOIO could have been there but he was busy with the family. Over all, it was a great day hunting with a good friend and great weather. Now where will the next 100 come from. Time and the Etrac will tell. Sorry no pics yet. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks for reading. TMAN...
ConGrats on your 100th Silver of the Year T-Man....I knew you would do it.....Nice Barber dime too........I was soooo Hoping it had a mm...............I didn't know you had 100 coins as well,another Milestone.........Congrats on that as well............................
........................I am with you on the thought ( 'Where will the next 100 come from' ) as the pickins are starting to get slim......Got to Boom out a little I guess.....But I am confidant that me ,you,and GOIO will make it.................Nice going Buddy !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread