Back at the hunted out park

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
Spent a few hours at the oldest park in town over the weekend. This place has been "hunted out" for years. I got two silver, a 39 merc and an 1876 seated liberty quarter! Also picked up a V nickel, and a couple of Indians and a couple of buffaloes..
The coins are not in great shape, but it a good feeling to be able to pick up some oldies in an area that is "hunted out."
Also, had a chance to talk to a fellow detector who was working another area in the park. It's always nice to run into other detectorists. Had a nice chat then back to swinging.
Sorry the pictures are so bad.

Attachments

• Highland 1.JPG
    Highland 1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 345
  • highland 2.JPG
    highland 2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Nothing like Seated to make a day. And a quarter to boot. Good luck on hitting that park again. Seems like it's yet to be empty.

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
davew0710

What kind of detector are you using? I'ld be very interested as I am wanting to upgrade and want the best bang for my buck.

BW

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! I love hunting spots like that, most of them were heavily hunted in the silver boom of the 1980's I find that most folks were just cherry pickers, in a hurry and only dug the solid tones and discriminated out all the old nickels and Indian Head cents, with a bit of patients you can make out pretty well in these areas.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread