My 12th Penny Box Ever...

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Congrats.. took me much longer than that to get my first steel cent. I searched around 2K worth before getting one.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And to think I found 96 of them at a bank today. And they were actually worried about not being able to get rid of them :laughing7:. Crazy coin guy to the rescue.

yonico

Dec 25, 2010
New York City
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mleblanc138 said:
And to think I found 96 of them at a bank today. And they were actually worried about not being able to get rid of them :laughing7:. Crazy coin guy to the rescue.

that's great!

i made sure the tellers at my bank know that i will take ANY, ANY "funny looking" money, "big strange dollars", old paper money etc.. that's the best way to get good stuff..

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$ilver$urfer said:
...yielded an AU50 1943 Steelie!!! :hello2: I freaked out when I popped out of the roll as it looked blue and it was in such good shape. :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Found two of them in the reject tray of the coin counter at my CU about three months ago. AU58 on one and AU50 on the other.
Not to bad for the reject tray and great find for you. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good find, it's hard to find an au50 copper wheat penny let alone a steel one!

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread